Certified Brand Name Metal Detector Dealers

I am wanting to purchase a quality metal detector at a fair price but in reading many forums and articles; it seems that there are a lot of counterfeit machines on the market. What are some of the reputable dealers that only deal in certified branded detectors and equipment? I'm looking to purchase within the next 5 days. Really interested in the Minelab Equinox 800. Thank you for suggestions on great dealers to work with.

4 hours ago, Buna Flash said:

I am wanting to purchase a quality metal detector at a fair price but in reading many forums and articles; it seems that there are a lot of counterfeit machines on the market. What are some of the reputable dealers that only deal in certified branded detectors and equipment? I'm looking to purchase within the next 5 days. Really interested in the Minelab Equinox 800. Thank you for suggestions on great dealers to work with.

Welcome!  There are certified Minelab dealers all over the world, and as you did not mention which country you are from, perhaps going to the Minelab website will be a good place to start your search from:

https://www.minelab.com/where-to-buy

Return to this forum if you have any questions! The Equinox 800 is a great machine, you should do well with it!

-Anthony

• Like 2

Just a heads up guys ... Buna Flash has been a member for less than a day when he made this, his first post. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity asking about a dealer but he has no info on his bio ... no interests, location etc. That in itself leads me to ask for a little more info before dealing with him. Sorry BF if this offends but I have been burned on other forums because of a first time poster. Just sharing my personal red flag indicator. I hope you are here with good intentions.

• Like 4

Hey Mike Furness,

I just located this website yesterday while searching for metal detecting topics and legit vendors. I was warned by a couple of people that the internet is full of illegitimate machines. I thought that i might get some sound advice from forums rather than 'Top 10 Best" lists. I usually rely more on forum input for my other hobbies which are hunting and shooting. I'll finish completing my profile.  For starters, I live in Texas, from Texas and don't plan on leaving Texas. My first name is also Mike lol No worries. I see that you fairly new to the website yourself. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Flash

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Furness said:

Just a heads up guys ... Buna Flash has been a member for less than a day when he made this, his first post. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity asking about a dealer but he has no info on his bio ... no interests, location etc. That in itself leads me to ask for a little more info before dealing with him. Sorry BF if this offends but I have been burned on other forums because of a first time poster. Just sharing my personal red flag indicator. I hope you are here with good intentions.

He is asking for dealer information or recommendations, not asking any of you to sell him anything. I'd certainly be wary of a first time poster either selling or buying as a member of the forum. That's why new members can't advertise on the classifieds here. But dealers? As far as dealers go it's their job to deal with new customers every day. Hopefully for them they actually have those!  If they can't stand the heat they need to get out of the kitchen. :smile:

This forum is supported via informational posting (I do not accept paid dealer ads) by several dealers all of which have ads in the forum classifieds. There are no dealers that advertise there that are not well known on these forums.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Buna Flash said:

am wanting to purchase a quality metal detector at a fair price but in reading many forums and articles; it seems that there are a lot of counterfeit machines on the market. What are some of the reputable dealers that only deal in certified branded detectors and equipment? I'm looking to purchase within the next 5 days. Really interested in the Minelab Equinox 800. Thank you for suggestions on great dealers to work with.

I think Gerry at https://gerrysdetectors.com/ may have a good used one for sale, he is a multi line dealer. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Buna Flash said:

Welcome aboard! The only added advice that I would give you is: spend the extra $150 and get the 900 instead. I have both the 800 and 900, love them both, but, no way I would get the 800 when the 900 is just a bit more money. The extra money gets you so much more than what the 800 offers that it's a no-brainer for me. Just the added coil makes it a better deal, not to mention the better waterproofing, expanded target I.D, added sensitivity, fully adjustable carbon fiber shaft, sturdier and more adjustable arm rest, red back light, flashlight, quicker pairing and startup, etc. Good Luck.

• Like 4

Thank you for the advice on the 900 but how would it be on searching for gold flakes. I was thinking forums that I read suggested the 800 might have an advantage there. I'm a newbie and just trying to do my homework before the purchase is made. Wife won't let me have a garage full of detectors. LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

He is asking for dealer information or recommendations, not asking any of you to sell him anything. I'd certainly be wary of a first time poster either selling or buying as a member of the forum. That's why new members can't advertise on the classifieds here. But dealers? As far as dealers go it's their job to deal with new customers every day. Hopefully for them they actually have those!  If they can't stand the heat they need to get out of the kitchen. :smile:

This forum is supported via informational posting (I do not accept paid dealer ads) by several dealers all of which have ads in the forum classifieds. There are no dealers that advertise there that are not well known on these forums.

Thank you Steve. I'm just trying to do my homework before pulling the trigger. I've been reading and taking notes on your tips and recommendations found on this site. Probably one of the reasons that I was leaning towards the Equinox 800 since I would like to search for gold flakes/nuggets and gold/silver coins along our Texas beaches. One member is recommending the 900 over the 800; do you have any thoughts?