Certified Brand Name Metal Detector Dealers

3 hours ago, Buna Flash said:

Thank you Steve. I'm just trying to do my homework before pulling the trigger. I've been reading and taking notes on your tips and recommendations found on this site. Probably one of the reasons that I was leaning towards the Equinox 800 since I would like to search for gold flakes/nuggets and gold/silver coins along our Texas beaches. One member is recommending the 900 over the 800; do you have any thoughts?

No gold nuggets or flakes in Texas but that's beside the point. I have an 800 and have no reason to upgrade, but if I did not have one already I'd get the 900. For the improved waterproof integrity and better rod if nothing else. The Equinox 800 and 900 both are excellent nugget detectors, but for Texas best be thinking more about gold as jewelry.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No gold nuggets or flakes in Texas but that's beside the point. I have an 800 and have no reason to upgrade, but if I did not have one already I'd get the 900. For the improved waterproof integrity and better rod if nothing else. The Equinox 800 and 900 both are excellent nugget detectors, but for Texas best be thinking more about gold as jewelry.

Steve, I'll certainly take your advice on the Equinox 900. But, you should research LLano County Texas and the Llano River. It's been said to have some gold. Check out this video

Hey Flash ... Tried to be gentle in my response to your original post. Sorry if it offended ... wasn't my intention at all. You are right I am a relatively new member again to this forum ... was a member years ago and got involved with another forum as an admin ... assume I was dropped back then for lack of activity and that's OK. I've been using a detector since 1989 and gold detector since 2003. I taught metal detecting for gold nuggets in AZ to a number of folks with another forum/company for a couple years. A few of those old 'students' are on this forum. I posted this info for you so you don't think I'm a newbee. Now as to a detector for you I have to agree with Steve H that the Equinox 800 or better yet the newer more powerful 900 is a great machine. I have both the 800 and the GM1000 aka Gold Monster. They are both great machines on fine gold and small pickers. I would say they both are worthy of your consideration. My dealer of choice is Bill Southern at: https://www.nuggetshooter.com 

I used to be a dealer, but sold the business over a year ago.   So by mentioning my old company understand I get nothing from mentioning them except to help a friend.

Give Fort Bedford Metal Detectors a try..... I think you will like their personalized service.

www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com

814-215-1732

EQWLMTA.thumb.jpg.ea403d97fa90d76adba275c0bb7c7eca.jpgWhichever dealer you go with, make sure he actually hunts for gold nuggets and is Successful.  I've recovered pounds of gold with the Equinox 800. For small nuggets and pickers,  you should get the small 6" coil. 

If you're willing to travel some, 2 of my Field Staff Experts are in Arizona for the winter hunting gold nuggets and meteorites.  Their 1 day 1 on 1 is Tops and both own an Equinox.  

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

EQWLMTA.thumb.jpg.ea403d97fa90d76adba275c0bb7c7eca.jpgWhichever dealer you go with, make sure he actually hunts for gold nuggets and is Successful.  I've recovered pounds of gold with the Equinox 800. For small nuggets and pickers,  you should get the small 6" coil. 

If you're willing to travel some, 2 of my Field Staff Experts are in Arizona for the winter hunting gold nuggets and meteorites.  Their 1 day 1 on 1 is Tops and both own an Equinox.  

Excellent point Gerry !

No matter who you pick , the dealer/ members here are a better choice , no doubt about it !.

Has anybody ever seen those sporting goods places or Amazon giving out great clues of detecting advice or posting finds pics like you guys do ?????? 

(probably swallow any nuggie they put in their mouth too !  ,,,I have noticed none of the chunks that you chomp would be possible to swallow anyway .... LOL) 

🖖Live Long and Prospect 

6 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Excellent point Gerry !

No matter who you pick , the dealer/ members here are a better choice , no doubt about it !.

Has anybody ever seen those sporting goods places or Amazon giving out great clues of detecting advice or posting finds pics like you guys do ?????? 

(probably swallow any nuggie they put in their mouth too !  ,,,I have noticed none of the chunks that you chomp would be possible to swallow anyway .... LOL) 

🖖Live Long and Prospect 

I take metal detecting and teaching how to do it properly, more serious than most dealers.  But it's been my passion for 50 yrs and some, it's just a job.

The best job ever is the one you love most. 

The never have to work part is BS though.. 😉

I've already sent out the dogs , they should have you treed up by the time I get there to P/U my next detector........