New Permission... Couple ID Questions

Got out again yesterday morning.  Was 22 when I started, but cleared 32 when I finished up, so I've dug in worse.  Got a bunch more of those hexagon tokens, and 5 more coins.  2 I believe are 1/2 pennies again, but dug 3 smaller coins that I couldn't identify until I got home.  Definitely never dug one of these before.  Only one has enough metal left to really ID.   Looks like Irish half penny to me, but please correct me if I'm wrong.  Of course the most dmg is right at the date...

20231221_194638.jpg

20231221_194711.jpg

20231221_194830.jpg

• Like 7

That’s a neat find.

Dang, you must have trouble sleeping at night, when you have a virgin honey hole, like that one waiting for you when you get up in the mornin.😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really feel sorry for you having to dig junk like that.....

CAN I HAVE IT ? 🤩

Seriously though , choice finds !  And you probably won't find any pull tabs either!🤔

Savor every target , many never get a place like that to detect...

• Like 3

Wow Rod, I second Doc's and RVP's opinions, of those old coins so far? That's a great place. Yep, yet another King George coin. Might be KG 3.

Best stuff I've seen in a while. 🏆 Maybe you found the clothesline 😎 Are you getting a lot of buttons?

Mind your low conductors there, that many old coins could produce a gold one. Sometimes old silver is a bit lower as well.

• Like 2

1st copper looks like a 1723 George I Woods Hibernia Half Penny, the other one looks like a George II Hibernia. Nice early site you have there. Should be some Spanish silver there as well. I would dig every non ferrous signal there.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Dang, you must have trouble sleeping at night, when you have a virgin honey hole, like that one waiting for you when you get up in the mornin.😎

Doc, you are so right !

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

1st copper looks like a 1723 George I Woods Hibernia Half Penny, the other one looks like a George II Hibernia. Nice early site you have there. Should be some Spanish silver there as well. I would dig every non ferrous signal there.

SchoolofhardNox, can you explain more the "Woods" part of your description?

THanks

• The title was changed to New Permission... Couple ID Questions
47 minutes ago, rod-pa said:

SchoolofhardNox, can you explain more the "Woods" part of your description?

THanks

William Wood was authorized by King George to mint farthings and half pence for shipment to Ireland, hence them being called Wood's Hibernia. I'm thinking it is one of those, but I am having difficulty with the reverse design, possibly not matching up. Hopefully someone that collects colonial coinage can get you a better ID on it.

• Like 1

Looks like a beautiful place to search. Congratulations on those early finds. More and more yet to come!