Waterproof Headphones For Equinox, Manticore, Xterra Pro And Deus 2

Please forgive me if these things are already old hat, I just cottoned on to them today.. I've ordered a pair for my 'Foxy Noxy Mariner' (a Nox 600 that got flooded but has since dried out and now works fine again as my main dive detector).. The ONYX is waterproof down to 50 meters.. It was dreamt up by Detect-Ed and SeaGhost Engineering.. On paper they sound good, can't wait to give them a good flogging in the wild.. I'm already in love with the curly cord, it'll make a nice change from the long stiff BonePhone lead on the Deus II.. The ONYX is on sale in Oz at various dealers as well as online at Detect-Ed.. I paid Au$219 for mine..  

You might be wondering what happened to the Deus II as my main dive detector.. Sad thing is I've now gone through two sets of BonePhone headphones, they both stopped vibrating and then cut out on the right ear.. I was actually looking for 'over the head' waterproof headphones for the Deus when I spotted the ONYX for the Equinox.. Hopefully Detect-Ed/SeaGhost will also whack a Deus II plug on them.. Big shout out to Minelab for allowing aftermarket headphones to be used with their finest VLF detectors, it's a bit like Coiltek's Nox coils.. Hope XP also comes to the party..     

Screenshot 2024-01-12 143805.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 144155.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Waterproof Headphones For Equinox, Manticore And Xterra Pro.. The Onyx

Hope you enjoy Erik!

We have literally just got some in with DEUS 2 connectors 😛

These ones will need to be used with the “bone conduction” mode but are really really really loud so I wouldn’t advise using them higher than volume 1 when out of the water.

Really looking forward to seeing how you go with the Equinox ones too mate.

Cheers,

Ed (Detect-Ed)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Treasure_Adventure said:

These ones will need to be used with the “bone conduction” mode

Wow, how's the timing? Thanks Ed, that's good news.. I'll be saving up for one to get the Deus back in the drink.. What does 'bone conduction mode' mean? Is that the detector's dive program? 

10 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Wow, how's the timing? Thanks Ed, that's good news.. I'll be saving up for one to get the Deus back in the drink.. What does 'bone conduction mode' mean? Is that the detector's dive program? 

I was as surprised when I saw this post haha, great timing!

When you turn the DEUS 2 on you have to choose the audio output. Wired, wireless, bone conduction, speaker etc.

You have to choose the bone conduction output with these headphones as they are wired this way to make use of the extra power that this output provides 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Waterproof Headphones For Equinox, Manticore, Xterra Pro And Deus 2

I can't wait to hear what you think of the headphones after you use them a few times. I have the original headphones that came with grandfathers 800, and they have never been used so I don't know if they even work.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minelab didn't "allow" aftermarket wired headphones Erik, they just have no real viable way of stopping them, if they could they would I'm sure 🙂

The best they've got is using difficult to source connectors, which is usually quickly overcome.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 5:58 AM, Erik Oostra said:

. Hopefully Detect-Ed/SeaGhost will also whack a Deus II plug on them..

Hello Erik,

You can probably get Deus II headphones from Seaghost. At least you can ask...

I recall that he was experimenting with Deus II a while back.

2024-01-2807_06_52.thumb.jpg.73958d67565862421e126614f3d60c71.jpg

• Thanks 1