Rcdigs Deus 2 Rc Mount Review

10 minutes ago, Skull diver said:

Although I could open a new post about it, I am adding a small modification that may be one less job in making the D2 suitable for underwater use.

I finally found the 25" antenna cable available.

In my setup, a hole in the rod and creating an internal coil with the excess length proves of little advantage, considering that the RCdigs mount sits on an additional adapter on the Anderson handle, I preferred to run the antenna cable from the mount to the coil on the outside.

All in all, with far fewer turns around the rod, I am just fine with this....

Excellent, they also make a mid-size cable that is better than the one that ships with the Deus 2. It's black so you won't see it rotting out until it breaks 🙄 but it's shorter.

I ordered the collapsible shaft above for my WS6, I want a third Deus 2 now 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

want a third Deus 2 now 😀

😂I'll see if another remote and coil will do the trick, but really in the future...As for now I just want to enjoy the finally complete setup

IMG_20240203_170621.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brys said:

Why not get the d2 pouch 

IMG_1453.png

Umm, because you can't see the screen, you have to take it out to change settings, and it's not waterproof? 🤔

• Like 2

I wish there was a product that locked the WS6 master to the shaft, mine has come off a few times, put a short leash on it but still its a poor design, has anyone found an aftermarket solution.

20240115_122106.thumb.jpg.1f5d801b3032c9f3eda5402d0d1d5309.jpg

14 hours ago, Voyager32 said:

I wish there was a product that locked the WS6 master to the shaft, mine has come off a few times, put a short leash on it but still its a poor design, has anyone found an aftermarket solution.

I've used the Detecting Doodads mount for a long time, even drilled a hole in it to pass the homemade waveguide cable through the shaft so there's no cable outside.20240115_122106.thumb.jpg.1f5d801b3032c9f3eda5402d0d1d5309.jpg20240115_122114.thumb.jpg.9a99e884459a931da42b3b869db52e51.jpg

it has a locking mechanism that works ok, it's not fabulous but it's cheap, and I can use it in water.

Others zip tie the WS6 to the shaft, look around there are posts.

1 hour ago, Voyager32 said:

34 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Others zip tie the WS6 to the shaft, like around there are posts.

Here's an example of the zip tie approach that F350 mentioned.  This poster is using a modified Anderson XP mount attached to a Nokta Simplex shaft system, but the principle applies to other approaches using the XP WS6 standalone mount, as well.  Just got to use a little imagination.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voyager32 said:

I will soon have to solve the same problem to use Ws6 with the jack adapter (I should buy the Ws4 mount).

The more I look at the original clip, the more I think of using a threaded rivet to fit inside the clip on the rod and a thin plate as a washer, to close with a flat head screw under the Ws6.

That way the clip attachment would just be to hold the whole thing in the correct position, but the real fastening would be at the screw

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Here's an example of the zip tie approach that F350 mentioned. 

Thanks Chase,

I answered this one from the field, thanks for the diligence. 👍

• Like 1