Axiom - List Of Requested Refinements

The Axiom is already a upper grade pulse detector, and obviously Garrett listened to experienced nugget hunters when designing it, and now that it has been in the field in far more hands and conditions we see the few weaknesses it has, and Ways To Improve it.  Below I list what comes to mind up to this point, Please add to this list for Garrets consideration.

1.  It really needs Bluetooth, for the simple reason everyone has their own headset they like best.

2.  The present wireless is too weak and seems directional, so drops out easily.

3.  The Lower end of the Sensitivity setting scale should be expanded so finer changes can be made, the change from setting 2 to 3 to 4 is too course.

4.  Threshold setting has the same problem as the sensitivity setting, it tends be be too course at the lower end of the scale.

5.  Offer Conventional Elliptical DD Coils with more sensitive pointy ends to deal with noisy black sand and be able to get into tight places better, 5 x 10 would be a good start.

Longer Term Design Improvements --

1.  Change to a high contrast Anti Glare Color Screen, and add Sun Shade to the top.  (not unreasonable for a high end machine).

2.  Change to a more flexible type of coil cable to work better with the nice collapsible shafts, perhaps just changing to silicone mix plastic cover would be enough.

Suggested Future Avenue of Improving Technology --

As is, The Axiom has the ability to apparently use the Threshold to filter out background noise, Not just reduce its volume at least at silent minimal setting of --9, So Much So that Sensitivity can be set to Max to keep depth on ground that would otherwise require a very low sensitivity setting.  I Highly Suggest that be explored and refined as a separate Noise Filter optional setting.

LISTENING GARRETT..?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Revised International pricing! 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, timbus59 said:

Good list... Axiom AT? I would add waterproof, as long as we're wishing.

True Waterproofing ANY detector is really a complete new design, so unless they believe a big enough market exist that is not practical.  Water resistance is not too involved, Underwater capability is.

• Like 1

I'd also like to be able to use my own headphones, the Garrett headphones are OK but there are others out there I like better. Right now I've opted to use the Garrett receiver and plug Killer Bees into it. Rather get rid of the cords altogether though.

A wider range of sensitivity and threshold would be great, maybe double the range to make smaller increments of adjustment.

I'd like to see manual noise cancel as well, auto takes too long.

Conventional DD coils would be great for the really bad ground.

I bought an anti glare screen protector and it works good, It needs a screen protector anyway so just buy anti glare.

I'd also like to see at least 1 more timing that would be comparable to fine gold on the GPX, but that's probably a big ask.

• Like 2

I would like conventional DD coil choices too.

Otherwise, I am happy with my Axiom.

• Like 4

Got to agree the Axiom needs BT aptx not its proprietary system, other than that and the 6K belting it up, it is right up there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Following

being so new to the world of PI i would not know what to suggest, everything that has been suggested sounds great to me, the one thing I am having a hard time with is the squared off noses on the Axiom Coils, if I had one wish is Garrett or an after market coil manufacturer would come out with some more pointed and smaller coils, in Mono and DD other than that I am happy with the Axiom so far, if some of the things that are being suggested can be done with updates great.   

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all. A larger arm cuff would be nice as well, when wearing a jacket it is a bit of a pain getting my arm in and out. Aside from that all the other recommendations you all have made would really nice also, especially the coil options. have a great day every one.