AlgoForce E1500

Just now, Nedkelly said:

Was hoping to plug my headphones in to see what the microphone bizzo does but that can wait.

It puts the outside sounds through the headphones by using a microphone, pretty nifty feature, and one of the reasons I don't like headphones as because they make it harder to hear what's going on around me.  

You are not wrong about weight, air tested only, stable with Sadie coil no trouble picking up the smallest micro gram scrap found with 6K recently, good clear signal on speaker. I am initially impressed, now to field test.

4 hours ago, Norvic said:

You are not wrong about weight, air tested only, stable with Sadie coil no trouble picking up the smallest micro gram scrap found with 6K recently, good clear signal on speaker. I am initially impressed, now to field test.

Popcorn time. I'm seriously about to do "send" to buy. But im interested in opinions here first.

Itchy though 😄

On 1/28/2024 at 2:12 AM, stickswinger said:

It looks as if it is a mobile phone stuck on a stick, is this the detector that woody was mentioning? In one of his YouTube videos he was saying not to sell old Minelab coils as there is going to be a large demand for the old coils.

He also talks about other detectors coming out.  Around the 6:38 mark.    

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

one of the reasons I don't like headphones is because they make it harder to hear what's going on around me.  

To me that is the bonus of headphones. It locks you in to what your detector is telling you with little to no outside noise influence. Like detecting in a strong wind or close to a busy road, or beside a running creek. Just focusing on the feedback from the detector & those extremely faint on the edge of detection hic-cups in the threshold.

In NZ you don't have to worry about a bear or a bigfoot or anything else making a charge at you. What is it you would need to be hearing going on around you? A wild pig maybe but then you wouldn't really be detecting in that type of terrain & vegetation.

D4G

Damn, I thought he must have one and was going to show it in action, all I got was a guy sitting in his car waffling at the website.

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Damn, I thought he must have one and was going to show it in action, all I got was a guy sitting in his car waffling at the website.

Yea so did I.  I did find it interesting that he mentions other detectors in the works.

2 minutes ago, Swegin said:

Yea so did I.  I did find it interesting that he mentions other detectors in the works.

Yes, Algoforce intend to stick around, and will have other models in the future.  Generally, once a product hits the market, other than firmware updates to enhance the existing model all efforts then go onto the next model.  They won't be sitting around twiddling their thumbs, I got the impression from talking to them they'll be working hard on continuing their efforts to bring other great well priced detectors to market.