A Couple Of Fun Days Coppers, Flying Eagle (and Real Eagle) And An Assumed Counterfeit 2 Reale

My friend who owns a couple farms that I detect bought a new $90,000 toy (I mean tool) to work around the farm. He's been clearing out a lot of areas that I have been wanting to hit for years now.

Around the original home site I did well finding the Spanish coin as well as the flying eagle. When I was there this morning there was an actual flying eagle sitting in the tree over top of me. They are all over these days.

They don't plow the farm anymore. But they did plant a crop last year before that they had killed off all the grass in the field so now it's almost soil. That really made a lot of targets jump out of the ground that I hadn't heard before.

Besides what I posted here there was the usual wheats, flat buttons and a  mercury dime..

I hope this nice streak of weather continues!

Happy hunting

reale.jpg

real reverse.jpg

flyign eagle.jpg

eagle.jpg

iron.jpg

Coppers.jpg

• The title was changed to A Couple Of Fun Days Coppers, Flying Eagle (and Real Eagle) And An Assumed Counterfeit 2 Reale

GKman knocks it out of the park!

That may not be a fake, Spain minted some copper Carolus Maravedis coins dating to the 1700s. Check it out and let us know!

A flying eagle still evades me, so congrats on that one too.

Your last pic looks like a King George of some sort 🤔

A fantastic opportunity. Well done. 👍

What a great opportunity. That’s some great “old” you are finding. Keep posting your results for us.

Great hunt and glad to see the finds your getting. Which detector were you using.

Nice looking bird in the tree we have a lot of them around here also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Nice finds GKman. George Kinsey (GK Old Man)

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt and glad to see the finds your getting. Which detector were you using.

Nice looking bird in the tree we have a lot of them around here also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thank you. I'm a Minelab guy since the mid '90s but have been using the Deus 2 since it was released. I'm not as fluent in French as Australian. But it has done me well.

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

GKman knocks it out of the park!

That may not be a fake, Spain minted some copper Carolus Maravedis coins dating to the 1700s. Check it out and let us know!

A flying eagle still evades me, so congrats on that one too.

Your last pic looks like a King George of some sort 🤔

A fantastic opportunity. Well done. 👍

Copper huh? I didn't know that. The only other 2 reale I have found came out shiny as can be. As well as most of the other half and one reales. But this thing seemed to be a falling apart. I still have to look at it closer. Thanks for letting me know about this.

HH

5 hours ago, GKman said:

Copper huh? I didn't know that. The only other 2 reale I have found came out shiny as can be. As well as most of the other half and one reales. But this thing seemed to be a falling apart. I still have to look at it closer. Thanks for letting me know about this.

HH

It would be a Maravedis rather than a Reale, they were minted in 2,4, and 8.

They're big, heavy, and copper.20220920_182709.thumb.jpg.2cbe2e9f70c5d1a35e6693b45da228d2.jpg

Got this one of all places on a beach, a Ferdinand VII.20220920_182748.thumb.jpg.a43b226337785c0a5548d076e3fb20a4.jpg

It's an 8 Maravedis.