Garrett Storm?

1 hour ago, The Lama said:

If your disappointed by the apex you got to try one on an ocean beach,they are really good, i've parked my cz and have about 3 years of ocean bashing without drowning it out

I did not say I was disappointed in the Apex and perhaps you are just referring to those who were. People self hype, and many self hyped that this mid range detector was somehow intended to be direct competition to high end models. It was obvious to me that it was placed in the Ace lineup for good reason. I actually really like the Apex, especially the physical design and controls/screen. But like many I do wish for a version with a little more horsepower under the hood.

We see it all the time. There is a now $2000 PI detector out, and people immediately began saying it was a waste of time because it did not replace their $6000 or $8000 detector. By and large with the rarest of exceptions manufacturers tell you exactly what the story is by how they position a product within their own lineup.

• Like 6

For me, it doesn't have to outdo the eq, legend just be competitive with them, i'd love to spend my money here in the states. I think garrett has great build quality, just a little lacking in the tech side. I had an apex and liked it but it just didn't perform for me on grass like the other mentioned machines. I don't beach hunt so that's not on my list of wants , give me and apex package with the eq performance and i'll be first in line.

• Like 1

How these Russians always get the information to leak first is a surprise.  If he is right, it sounds like it will be awesome. $1200 USD for the headphone's version, $870 for the basic.  The headphone version must come with more coils or something to be so much more money, unless the translation was incorrect on the pricing.

Looks like some Whites V3i technology has gone into it for the screen display.  GPS mapping, waterproof, more control over used frequencies, a triangle flashlight to let out more light, vibration, 19 hours battery, 

I guess we'll find out on April 5th if he is right and if he is, I think it's going to be very popular.

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

13 minutes ago, 67GTA said:

You have to use the closed caption button and use the gear icon to change your default language. He didn't mention any specific frequencies.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Muddydogz said:

For me, it doesn't have to outdo the eq, legend just be competitive with them, i'd love to spend my money here in the states. I think garrett has great build quality, just a little lacking in the tech side. I had an apex and liked it but it just didn't perform for me on grass like the other mentioned machines. I don't beach hunt so that's not on my list of wants , give me and apex package with the eq performance and i'll be first in line.

The way I see it SMF is 6 year old technology and most agree  that its peaked. To throw just another SMF machine in the ring this late would not make sense. No it needs to something special and I hope it will be. I will buy one. Mark

• Like 2

"Ground radar mode"? Maps on the screen? 

I'm a little skeptical of this guy's claims. I do agree, though, that some groundbreaking feature no one else has is exactly what Garrett needs to get back in the game, especially among high-end machines.

• Like 1