Well, 24k Should Be Here…..

A small story and then a question.

ordered my detector from a long time detector dealer down south. Order was smooth. So I get the UPS shipping notice and I see Texas distributor entered my Name a bit off and street name  missing the first letters. Oh boy.   So contacted the dealer and even called the distributor and they said the contacted UPS and it should be ok. We’ll see.

Now the question.   Every detector I have had, I think, you just plugged the charger in to charge. So it says it runs great on just regular alkaline batteries but I like rechargeable.   Do the rechargeable batteries use the same holder? Manual not that clear on that. Also regular nicads? And are going rechargeable worth it due to shorter use.? Thanks , Joe

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joe L said:

A small story and then a question.

ordered my detector from a long time detector dealer down south. Order was smooth. So I get the UPS shipping notice and I see Texas distributor entered my Name a bit off and street name  missing the first letters. Oh boy.   So contacted the dealer and even called the distributor and they said the contacted UPS and it should be ok. We’ll see.

Now the question.   Every detector I have had, I think, you just plugged the charger in to charge. So it says it runs great on just regular alkaline batteries but I like rechargeable.   Do the rechargeable batteries use the same holder? Manual not that clear on that. Also regular nicads? And are going rechargeable worth it due to shorter use.? Thanks , Joe

1 hour ago, Joe L said:

Do the rechargeable batteries use the same holder? Manual not that clear on that. Also regular nicads? And are going rechargeable worth it due to shorter use.? Thanks , Joe

to answer your question yes you can use the same holder for Alkaline AA's or rechargeable's, in fact Garret supplies you with 8 Rechargeable AA batteries and the charging Dock at least mine came with those things, plus it came with a thing that you could connect to you battery in your vehicle to allow you to charge your batteries while in the field detecting if needed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

The 24K is a great detector.  I would highly recommend watching Steve's videos on the 24K on the Garrett web site.  He knows the machine very well.  Good luck with it.

Bill

Unable to find it on the Garrett site. 

yep, the 24k comes with rechargeable batteries and a charger.

• Like 2

Thanks all, joe

• Like 1