Home Depot Sand

Has anyone started this as a thread before?

How Much GOLD Is In Home Depot Sand? - YouTube 

Thanks for the video, as it only shows that you can find gold almost anywhere.

This has come up over the years that you can find gold in sand that comes from California. I don’t believe you will get rich off of it unless they take the sand back and get your money back if you don’t find gold in it.

They may just tell you that they are selling sand not cons . It may have more gold in it than the ones who are.

Chuck 

I hand laid a brick patio 6 or 7 years back and picked up a couple hundred pounds of sand from Home Depot. I set my sluice box the middle of the new patio and ran the sand before sweeping it into the gaps in the brick unfortunately my sand had no gold.

It depends on where you buy your sand, if a Lowes in Cal. you might get a few flakes. I got some from Georgia and got a flake or two. If you need sand it is fun to look, but if you don't need any, you have a yard full of sand.

Hey Mitchel- we have a big pile of DG we got from our local California Home Depot that needs to be moved to our back yard. Bring a drywasher and you can keep all the gold you find in it if you dump the tailings out back!

Actually, I was able to have my wife wait longer for me to do it because I told her about the gold in it and how I wanted it to dry out a bit- I told her about the Jeff Williams video a while back where he did the same thing.

Slightly off topic but heck a story is a story right? 

A friend years ago build a new house for his retirement up in Allegheny above Grass Valley in Ca. I called him when I was in the area to say hello and he invited me up to lunch. When I arrived and he asked me to park on the dirt road in front of his house because a load of gravel had just been delivered to cover his new driveway and down a hillside to his lower yard. He was showing me the driveway when an old timer who was walking down the road stopped giving the new driveway the once-over. "Did you guys run that stuff through a trommel?" he asked, indicating the gravel. My friend, who didn't know anything about  mining or prospecting, answered that he'd just bought it from a gravel company who had a huge pile of it in their work yard. The old fellow shook his head, "too bad…" and continued on down the road. A month later - it was in the late Fall- my friend called me at my home in Los Angeles. It had been three days of pretty heavy rain up in the Sierra's and he told me that when   the weather cleared and the sun came out, he went outside to see how the gravel had held up and picked up nearly two ounces of gold gleaming in the freshly washed driveway gravel. True story.