New Pulse Induction Detectors From Nokta

I think they'll quickly have a bigger piece of the pie than the one missing from the gold pie.  Still can't see how the piece was taken from the pie with the crust left behind... 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though I've read a couple of times on DP that gold fields are drying up or dead. If so, why would Nokta, Garrett, and an ex Minelab engineer create new PI gold detectors?

Is there still a large market for dreamers that don't know the gold fields are dried up? Or???

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think they'll quickly have a bigger piece of the pie than the one missing from the gold pie.  Still can't see how the piece was taken from the pie with the crust left behind... 

Ha ha. No one ever wants the crust! Not even A.I. lol

Ok, well there is always the exception of "that pizza person" who says, "The crust is the best part". If someone replies to that with, "Ok, then you eat all the crust, and I'll eat the rest of the pizza", the awkward silence is epic 😁

3 hours ago, Digalicious said:

I though I've read a couple of times on DP that gold fields are drying up or dead. If so, why would Nokta, Garrett, and an ex Minelab engineer create new PI gold detectors?

Is there still a large market for dreamers that don't know the gold fields are dried up? Or???

It’s not that hard to find gold nuggets if all a person wants to do is be a hobbyist and find a few. It’s the making solid money detecting gold nuggets that has gotten extremely difficult. In a way it’s too little too late, but drying up does not mean dry, just getting there. Think silver coins. Not gone, but they sure are rarer finds than 40 years ago, even though machines are far better now. But on the other hand high PI prices have been a barrier to ownership for many; a good low price PI will find buyers, as Alfoforce has already proved. Also, rising gold prices is boosting interest in chasing even the crumbs that are left. Occasional large nugget finds keep the hope alive. Long story short there is still a market for a gold nugget PI, but as Minelab knows very well the heyday is long over. It’s just competition fighting over ever smaller pieces of pie 🙂 

This is a real problem overall for all detector companies now. There is not one area of detecting that is not facing declining returns. People still beach hunt, still hunt for silver coins, still hunt for relics, still chase gold nuggets. Newbies are still enticed into the fold. But I doubt any of us here who have been at this long think things are as good as they used to be. In a way we are victims of our own success. Long story short Nokta has indeed missed the big bus with this detector that should have come years ago and now they will be fighting for a seat already taken by others. As a nugget hunter I know there is nothing they can do that will really matter except make a machine that clearly blows away a GPZ 7000 and I am not holding my breath for that. In the area of affordable PI AlgoForce is already taking sales from Nokta in Australia, and it’s only the delay in reaching the U.S. that’s giving Nokta any breathing room here. Yes, they are way too late compared to what they might have achieved just three years ago prior to the GPX 6000 release.

What the market clearly lacks at this time, the machine that I personally would buy, is one that is a very good nugget detector but that also is a fully submersible water machine. Minelab only offers the SDC 2300 but it’s a joke for water detecting since it floats like a cork. Axiom, AlgoForce… not waterproof. Impulse AQ Gold dead before arrival. What I was hoping for from Nokta was a machine that would extend my nugget detecting by also being an excellent beach detector. I would sell all my other PI detectors to own that machine. I think others would also. If there is not a model that captures that desire, then not only will Nokta be late to the party, but they will have lost my interest in this detector. It’s the one thing really left to do, make a good alternative to the 7 lb Garrett ATX. Not a very high bar, but are they even going to try? The initial ad blurb is not promising.

I need something better than this…..

garrett-atx-waterproof-pulse-induction-metal-detector.jpg

Steve you nailed it once again!

Had the same chat this morning on the river Thames........finds drying.During the pandemic they issued licence like there is no tomorrow from 2k larkers to 9k.............now licence are not issued because most of licencee dont report their finds.......still managed some coins this morining with the manticore and yes 1 was silver no gold nugget though...........

RR

As Steve said finds are drying up. Which is not to say that everything is gone. But it does take more research and effort to find good spots to detect. I've personally found more good quality finds over the last 10 years of my 40+ years of metal detecting, than those earlier years. Finds 40 years ago were plentiful, but the quality of the finds wasn't there. Technology has played a big part in bringing those good targets to light. That being said, I can see the writing on the wall and so my push over the last few years is to get my metal detector arsenal down to a few VLF's and 1 good PI. For me having multiple metal detectors is just getting to the point of it being too hard to store all the coils available for each unit and keep track of headphones, charging cables, etc. I've already settled on the 2 VLF's I prefer at the moment. But I'm still looking for the perfect PI. Hopefully Nokta will bring out something that will compete with what's already out there and at the same time offer people the features they have been asking for.

13 minutes ago, abenson said:

I've personally found more good quality finds over the last 10 years of my 40+ years of metal detecting, than those earlier years. Finds 40 years ago were plentiful, but the quality of the finds wasn't there. Technology has played a big part in bringing those good targets to light.

I suspect that not only have you gotten technically more proficient at metal detecting, but that your research methods narrowed down the areas where those quality finds were to be made and you focused on hitting them. With better machines, yes, but I'm thinking the key to those quality finds is really between your ears. :smile:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I suspect that not only have you gotten technically more proficient at metal detecting, but that your research methods narrowed down the areas where those quality finds were to be made and you focused on hitting them. With better machines, yes, but I'm thinking the key to those quality finds is really between your ears. :smile:

Yes some of the gains have been made due to research. But in the case of mineralization handling and recovery speed, more finds have come to light due to those changes in metal detectors. Without naming a certain model or brand, there is a site I've hunted for at least a decade with an older model/brand machine and thought I had it cleaned out. New detector X comes out and in the first few months of using it on this same site 15 silver coins come to light all dating pre 1860.

I was hoping Nokta would make a multi-purpose PI more so than they've done to capture more markets, The Algo has done that to a degree and their firmware updates since release have even more so improved its general-purpose ability over being a Gold only machine.  PI's are incredible technology and largely untapped by many detector users as they've never been made to suit their needs.  I'm ony recently seeing how good a PI can be for coin hunting, incredible Target ID's and If this is the start of it, I'd love to see where they can take PI technology for general purpose detectors.

If markets are slowing like Gold, having gold dedicated detectors limits buyers, and separating the Gold and Relic into two detectors seems a bad move to me, unless it was required for some technical reason.  Gold only VLF's are struggling to survive with multi purpose VLF's taking over them.

I could understand separating the General-Purpose and the Beach versions due to the waterproofing requirements.  

Let's face it though, this is Nokta, this being their entrance into the market, there will be more models in the near future, and they are about to really shake up the PI market.  They will shake up the pricing too, maybe more so than they intended now the Algo's out, there is no reason they couldn't sell their PI for the price of a Legend if they wanted to.

O

On 4/24/2024 at 9:12 PM, phrunt said:

I was hoping Nokta would make a multi-purpose PI more so than they've done to capture more markets, The Algo has done that to a degree and their firmware updates since release have even more so improved its general-purpose ability over being a Gold only machine.  PI's are incredible technology and largely untapped by many detector users as they've never been made to suit their needs.  I'm ony recently seeing how good a PI can be for coin hunting, incredible Target ID's and If this is the start of it, I'd love to see where they can take PI technology for general purpose detectors.

If markets are slowing like Gold, having gold dedicated detectors limits buyers, and separating the Gold and Relic into two detectors seems a bad move to me, unless it was required for some technical reason.  Gold only VLF's are struggling to survive with multi purpose VLF's taking over them.

I could understand separating the General-Purpose and the Beach versions due to the waterproofing requirements.  

Let's face it though, this is Nokta, this being their entrance into the market, there will be more models in the near future, and they are about to really shake up the PI market.  They will shake up the pricing too, maybe more so than they intended now the Algo's out, there is no reason they couldn't sell their PI for the price of a Legend if they wanted to.

On another note MLB is bombarding insta and youtbe with ads.................in the UK

MR