A Week At The Beach (lots Of Photos)

56 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Looks like you did good for how deserted the beach looks. Maybe you're finding leftovers from last summer when it's crowded?

Off the subject a bit, but I'd like to see a pic of your RV/camper....

It filled up nice during the day, one day was so windy in the afternoon it cleared out, but it was not as packed as I've seen it. Also this is after Spring Break. It's South Myrtle Beach, called Surfside, you can see the city in some of my photos. Myrtle Beach is about 5 miles north.

My RV is a 40 foot Grand Design Momentum 351M Toy Hauler, basically a palace with a garage. ๐Ÿค”

20240423_194540.thumb.jpg.6093a0322331da791baef3a5e6a73f28.jpg

20240423_194603.thumb.jpg.dab7f13b7f33688e37ae995e81869caf.jpg

My forum name is what I pull it with. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 5

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

My RV is a 40 foot Grand Design Momentum 351M Toy Hauler, basically a palace with a garage.

VERY nice! I used to tent camp with my parents when I was a youngster at Ft. Desoto campground down here in St. Pete. Now days, your rig is more my style.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

VERY nice! I used to tent camp with my parents when I was a youngster at Ft. Desoto campground down here in St. Pete. Now days, your rig is more my style.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

Totally agree, we started tent camping on Tybee Island near Savannah, this is my 5th RV. First one was 16' ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 2

You sure did a major pillage on this one 350 !ย ๐Ÿฅธย No rain, where did all this stuff I'm getting come from ?ย ๐Ÿ™„ย Water temp 71 ? ARRRRRRGHย  47 hereย  ( can you say neo waders ? ) !ย  ย Water temp envy .๐Ÿค—ย  ย Yeah , was easy to switch my home harbor to find out.ย 

5' tide ! You can almost reach low mark when it's all the way in ! Blub blub blub for me !ย 

2 rings , 2 dog tags and more change than I wanted to try counting , enough to sink ya if ya fell in anyway..ย ๐Ÿ˜ตย 

And you still have next time !ย  I give you permission to use my have a formal dress up Shore Dinnahย  on the beach idea........ You(r wife) needs more jewelry.ย :nugget:ย 

Beachย ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธย uptah camp.ย ๐Ÿ––ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

You sure did a major pillage on this one 350 !ย ๐Ÿฅธย No rain, where did all this stuff I'm getting come from ?ย ๐Ÿ™„ย Water temp 71 ? ARRRRRRGHย  47 hereย  ( can you say neo waders ? ) !ย  ย Water temp envy .๐Ÿค—ย  ย Yeah , was easy to switch my home harbor to find out.ย 

5' tide ! You can almost reach low mark when it's all the way in ! Blub blub blub for me !ย 

2 rings , 2 dog tags and more change than I wanted to try counting , enough to sink ya if ya fell in anyway..ย ๐Ÿ˜ตย 

And you still have next time !ย  I give you permission to use my have a formal dress up Shore Dinnahย  on the beach idea........ You(r wife) needs more jewelry.ย :nugget:ย 

Beachย ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธย uptah camp.ย ๐Ÿ––ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks RVP,ย 

Compared the coin haul to last year, and this year I did better.

Last year:20230428_132713.thumb.jpg.9c7654a82e31fed277ea8dbe59de4ad5.jpg

This year:20240502_132038.thumb.jpg.1842256f3cb2448fa54c514ba684c1b3.jpg

But I did get far fewer Zincolns and nickels. Part of the coin success was hunting the golf cart parking, I was hoping to find some jewelry there too.ย 

I also hunted the tot lots, volleyball, basketball court, Cornhole area. Noticed a regular footprint pattern in the volleyball court so someone was hitting all that daily, probably a resident.

Only two other detectorists I met there seemed to know what they were doing, one noob guy from New Yawk graciously asked me for settings on his Nox, I helped him out. The other three were swinging so high I'm surprised they found anything. Wish I could post the video of one of them ๐Ÿคฃย ๐Ÿค”ย 

Here's an example:20240426_072500.jpg.2ef6739d59aee66a130e2420337a16a2.jpg

The water was fairly warm but the waves were pretty big, I'm not a fan of it. Met one guy who was years in the biz, he said he knew the gold was out there too but he also made do at low tide. He didn't trust his Nox as much as I trust the Deus, so he dug lots of big iron.

I would love to have my wife out there with me, but her knee, hip, and back disagree. ๐Ÿ˜ข I knock off early, get breakfast and take her shopping, then she doesn't mind me going out later.ย 

No stranger to Neoprene waders in the Potomac, it doesn't get warm until August. ๐Ÿฅถ Also millions of jellyfish, it's a wonder anyone goes in. I've given moms vinegar from the summer stash in my truck. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Going next week to the (inner) Outer Banks, a campground with lots of old stuff and clad that was a hunting camp in the 1800s. Even got a large cent and some old silvers there. I want to try again to get in the Sound, but physics are against you when you're up to your neck. Scooping is near impossible. ๐Ÿ™„

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Water temp 71 ? ARRRRRRGHย  47 hereย  ( can you say neo waders ? ) !ย  ย Water temp envy .๐Ÿค—ย 

Water temp 83 here this morning.ย ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ–๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

That guy is not metal detecting , it's aerobics.๐Ÿ˜†ย 

Moving fast , swinging twice as fast ~ 15% coverage and in a hurry to find all those goldies in one 2 hour day. We have them here too. Sometimes I just sit down and watch if there's a rock or drift log handy .ย 

Neck deep isn't very far out for me ! But my one size fits all waders come up that high ! Would probably cover my nose if my crotch didn't stop 'emย ๐Ÿฅธ

My 800 is 4 years old and I'mย  kinda submerge shy with it too. Wading , an occasional wave might soak it but I have a micro fiber tissue for that LOL.ย ย 

Another camp trip coming up too ? That place will have some treasarrrr for ya fer sure !ย ย ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ

I'm moved back over to camping now. Nothing worth mentioning so far . Found out about a disc golf course that is gone now but I know where it was.........maybe today before the monsoons return.ย ย 

Jeeeeze Tampaย 

That sounds perfect for getting all the depositors (even the oldies and locals) out on the beach showing off and losing their finest summah yellah !ย ย 

Terrible situation !ย  Don't forget the pics...ย 

ย 

• Like 3

Great report and nice weather. Sounds to me like a good deep PI machine would be better for gold in the wet on those beaches....That is a massive RV home to pull , along with your truck. Do you ever get into trouble towing it ? Difficulties , turning , parking , etc , or are you just used to it ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Great report and nice weather. Sounds to me like a good deep PI machine would be better for gold in the wet on those beaches....That is a massive RV home to pull , along with your truck. Do you ever get into trouble towing it ? Difficulties , turning , parking , etc , or are you just used to it ?

You are correct, and I'd have a PI if I wanted to dig 3' holes, but most of the beaches I go to are restricted to 2'. This of course doesn't stop the scofflaws that dig 5 foot pits and leave them ๐Ÿคช saw some kids get busted this last time ๐Ÿคฃ

I've been looking at the pulse machine with discrimination. ๐Ÿ™‚ Guess you could say I'm kinda spoiled by my Deus, I talked to someone afterward and they said that if I was finding deep sinkers in the wet (and I was), that I should have found gold rings if there were any. ๐Ÿค” Made a lot of fishermen happy anyway.

The F350 Platinum SRW 6.7 can pull 16,000 with ease, my trailer is 13k empty. Add the golf cart and sundries and it's probably near that, but I get about 10mpg on a road trip with it, and about 20 with no towable. I don't fill water, I also pick parks with amenities.

It's a short bed so I'm not a fan of back-in parks, opting for pull through instead. Turning isn't much of a risk due to the nose cone on this one, it's much better than the last 40 footer I had, a Keystone Fuzion. I once blew out my back window with that one. ๐Ÿคฌ Bad directions = bad results, and a $700 charge to replace the window. ๐Ÿ™„

Short beds tend to keep putting the trailer in the same spot you backed into. It takes a little more to get them where you want them. I do employ a gooseneck hitch with a 4" extension hitch ball, so it's a little further back.

• Like 2