GPZ 19 And General / Difficult - Will It Miss The Bird Shot?

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There are places where there is no big gold. Many placer districts just have the smaller stuff, that's it. That is the basic fact some people have to deal with. Buying a big coil won't put big nuggets in ground where they don't exist.

I agree with these comments Steve.
 I really didn`t think that buying this big coil was going to change much for me, and I said so to most of my detecting mates before I bought the coil, but because I detect maybe 320 days a year I thought "what the hell, it`s only another 1300". 
 When I bought the 7000 I didn`t all of a sudden start pinging multi ounce nuggets all over the place that were out of reach of the 5000, but I have been able to pay for the 7000 AND the 19" coil from the small stuff I have found with the 7000.  
My advice to anybody that has a 7000 but as of yet has not bought the 19" coil, if you didn`t start getting bigger deeper pieces when you got the 7000, nothing is likely to change just because you buy the 19" coil.  Dave

All those thoughts on the old GP :)  I have, retired, my old 3000.  3500 really did not do much better in my thought as I knew my 3000 and usually smoked 3500 users. Only things it really needed were the button mod, did that myself back when  I got Rob A. to send me a 3500 handle on the sly.... ML didn't want anyone buying one unless they had a 3500... hehh next came the Pocket Rocket to replace the Humpy and Audvio wireless and a great coil for me was the NF 16" DD with reversable polarity.  Other coils and such but still an effective combination here I reckon.  Cant get some of that stuff anymore but then I have the Zed.  Price wise on the 19 and an old GP unit in good nic I'm of the opinion I'd get more miles out of the GP due to its abilities to go where the Zed winges a bit.  Something to be said about old analogue machines.