Last 3 Weeks With SDC

Condor

Here's the photo of 3 weeks worth of detecting with the SDC2300. These were mostly around Yuma, a couple hrs each morning, all within 45 minutes of home. Some were from out near Palm Springs. Finally dropping to mid 80's, I'll extend my hrs and range next week. Total weight 19 grams.

post-95-0-28216500-1415636810_thumb.jpg

Definitely over an ounce and now that the weather is improving, I'm looking forward to searching some new old areas.  Some of those pieces are sub-grain and don't even register on my scale.  I continue to be amazed at how it can detect those tiny pieces at decent depth, I think the deepest sub-grain was 3 inches.  You really have to have a plastic scoop to recover them.  The one problem is bird shot, that detector loves bird shot and they are a bitch to recover.  My Gold-Bug II and Gold Bug Pro are gathering dust.  Already sold my GPX, these guys are next. 

Nice gold...if you will take a eylptical coil coil ( 7 to 10 inches) instead of that rounded plastic scoop you won't have such a hard time isolating the find from the dirt...I carry mine in my left cargo pocket...give it a try.

generally the lead or gold will be in the bottom of the separator...unless you overfill the cover.

fred

Nice gold.

Just did a deal on an SDC-2300. I figured that if I was going to find any gold at all, it would likely be small. Why not maximize the odds of doing so. As soon as it arrives, I will be comparing it as a "fly poop" detector to my GB2. If it's tolerably close, somebody is going to get a good deal on a perfect GB2 with all 3 coils. The GB Pro went last week after I decided that my F-75 was all the Ll-purpose VLF detector I needed.

Hopefully before Thanksgiving I can be out in the field with the new device.

Oh yes, there is this to reinforce my enthusiasm - "If all a customer wants is a simple to use detector that can find gold, it is hard to think of a better solution than the SDC 2300". Some smart guy said that.