How Well Do You Know Your Gold Detector?

• 1 month later...

Approaching retirement and the end of paychecks, I'm 'gearing up' for what I hope will be my retirement plan, boondocking in gold country. Until I'm living the concept, I won't be getting a GPZ, and it may be a GPZ7500 when I do. Short of that, I have an Eq8 I have everything to learn about and intend to get smaller and larger coils for it, and a couple gold machines purchased from members here that have moved up. A GB2 and a TDI SL. Those 3 have cost me a couple grand and should stand me well for starters. If it all "pans out" (I have pans too) and I get to live my dream, then I'll look to the major cost of a GPZ, for what it too can bring to the table. Who knows, maybe there's an EQZ in the future?

Way to go Steve, been there for a fair while and it is a year round ball. I just don`t call it retirement anymore tis really refirement, only one letter change but a word with attitude.:wink:

I just received my first minelab gpx5000 from gerrys detectors and the feeling is weired and hard to believe. I got into detecting at the end of last year's season October 2017 found my first nugget at berthas creek south of anchorage with a whites gmt that sparked it all