Did They Pre Test The 600?

Chase, in my opinion the only confusion lies in the fact that both machines are covered in one manual. If a separate manual existed for the 600 that simply left out all the Equinox 800 information, it would work better in that regard. I might just make one up when I have time.

If there are things you are confused about I can try and address them, that is what the forum is for. The two models are what they are however, and everyone has their own opinions about what should or should not have been in the Equinox 600 versus Equinox 800. You are not happy with the decisions that were made, and maybe a couple months ago that may have made a difference, but it is officially too late to do anything about it except educate people in those areas where confusion may exist. There is a lot to absorb in the manual, and it just might take more than 12 hours for people to digest everything in it, and longer yet to fully understand it.

And again, is that not what the forum is for?

I have to say Chase I am amazed that you think no thought went into the decisions about what features to have in each model and that the decisions were arbitrary? The Equinox 600 is specifically aimed at people that do not think the features you are talking about are important. You think they are, so you get the Equinox 800. Other people think they are not important, they get the Equinox 600. By definition people get to choose what they think is important or not.

You may disagree with the design decisions that were made, but just because you disagree with them does not mean a lot of thought did not go into all this. I know I have poured blood , sweat, and tears into the project as have many, many others. There are millions of dollars and the future of a company riding on this Chase. Not one single detail of anything, from the color used on a page in the manual to the icon on a button, took place without tons of meetings and input from experts. There is not a single unthought or arbitrary thing in these machines and to imply so just because you are confused - really?

Heck, I thought this would be a big day of celebration about machines shipping and the new manuals being out, not a defense of the Equinox 600. I am taking the day off - see you all tomorrow.

Just asking questions about some confusion in parts of the manual on 600.

Did not see any 600s being tested.

Neither means that ML did or did not do a thorough job, I was just asking if someone knew what ML did in this regard.

I don’t have the benefit of a 600 in front of me.

I don’t recall saying that no thought went into this.

Thanks folks.  It was a good run.  

I will slink on out since I am apparently ruining the party and not adding value.

My apologies to all.

Really enjoyed the forum.

Hope everyone gets their Equinoxes soon.

Happy Hunting