Iron Bias Setting Audio Response

Jackpine

According to the Manual the iron bias affects  TID readings, but it doesn't mention whether or not it has any effect on the audio characteristics of the TID observed.

My first thought was that the effects on TID readings using iron bias were divorced from the audio characteristics.

Then I read this:

In environments with dense iron trash, a higher Iron Bias is
recommended in order to mask them. In areas where you do not
want to miss any non-ferrous targets amongst iron trash, a lower
setting is recommended. This will cause more ferrous targets to be
detected and identified as desirable non-ferrous targets

Sounds to me like a multi stage filtering similar to the Fisher 1236 X2 iron silencer, If so setting it to zero will be the only option for dissecting iron.

Comments?

Tom

Iron bias - it is filter -short signals audio -for unmask ,type- silencer-xp bottle cap reject- whites.....in minor setting  Iron Bias + optimum recovery  speed- it is unmask better...in iron sities.... Great "vizual-audio"  test for optimum setting iron Bias its :7 X small -medium coin  and 8 X-4" nails about in Line...,..2 .test  coin beside horseshoe, 3.test nailboard test..

In 2 tone, 5 tone ,50 tone,...tone ID..:smile:

11 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Iron bias - it is filter -short signals audio -for unmask ,type- silencer-xp bottle cap reject- whites.....in minor setting  Iron Bias + optimum recovery  speed- it is unmask better...in iron sities.... Great "vizual-audio"  test for optimum setting iron Bias its :7 X small -medium coin  and 8 X-4" nails about in Line...,..2 .test  coin beside horseshoe, 3.test nailboard test..

I agree, iron bias at minimum with correct recovery speed should be the better unmasker.  I don't do the tests, what it does in my iron sites is what matters.

Tom

In Whites Spectra V3  bottle cap Off/ and bottle cap  On / seting1 its big diference for  unmask coin in iron...depend on location  iron and coin,  -produces better "full range"  signal iD and audio ouput...better-bledy audio....In Argo  and  Optima  i use  minor "mask"-iron bias  2-3.max for better  unmask...