Type Of Hunting And Detecting Mode ?

vive equinox

Hello

I was wondering how to be certain that we are hunting in the right way?

For example, if I am in a large meadow where there is a clean area and a very ferrous area with relics?

Should I play modes and frequencies?

If I do not hunt gold nuggets, when will I use gold mode?

Would it be wise to use the gold mode on the dry sand but also on the wet for small jewels? Or stay in beach mode?

What would be the best mode for small antique coins with low conductivity?

I also wonder when in the field should we decide to switch to a single frequency?

I understand that this is a turn and go easy to use but it offers a lot of possibilities and I would really like to optimize all the settings.

Of course it is up to everyone to do the tests that are best, but I'm sure there are already experienced users who already have to think about the optimal settings according to their hunt.

Thanks for sharing .

Guest Tnsharpshooter

With time, based on compilation of user feed back using Equinox in various detecting venues seeking various types of targets, many of your questions will be answered.  Your job will be to determine which of the information you deem useful and helpful for your needs.

Best to start with the stock park program.  Try not to make adjustments until you have some time with this machine.

The main difference between a park mode and field mode that I see is Iron bias and recovery speed. Park 1 seems to be set up for lots of iron with a iron bias of 6 and a recovery speed of 5. Park 2, field 1, and 2 have a iron bias of 0 and a speed of 6 or 7. Remember park 1 and field 1 have the frequencies biased toward high conductors like silver coins. if I were looking for silver coins my decision between park1 and field 1 would be based on how much iron is at the site. Park 2 and field 2 have the frequencies biased toward finding low conductors.       This is purely speculative on my part and real world experience is what really matters.

I would imagine that the stock setups/programs are going to allow you to be successful 90% of the time. The engineers built the equinox to work in most locations and situations given it's a worldwide product. To me the word "most" describes 90%. If you're in a park the "park" program should give you success most(90%) of the time. As you get 100 hours or so on the machine in a variety of environments you should have the knowledge to begin tweaking it for those times where you need that extra 10%. 

You will only find things if you get out there and put your coil over it. Your sweep speed, how fast/slow you cover an area and your willingness to dig a lot of crap targets will teach you most of what you want to know.