2 Tone Ferrous Settings

NSC

Hi from Downunder :smile:

I cannot take any credit or claim these are my settings but am only passing them on for other enthusiasts to use.

Neil Jones (UK) deserves the credit and he posted them on Facebook so, to me,  these are now common knowledge - If I am wrong to be putting this here,  please delete this Steve.

Field 2

ALL METAL

Target Tone...  2    ,    Advanced = Tone Pitch   t 1...7 , t 2.....23

Threshold ...as required   ,     Adv. = Threshold Pitch ...1

Volume Adjust...as required    ,   Adv = Volume Tone  t 1 ...1 (or 0  if you dont want to hear iron)    t 2 ...25

Recovery... 8    ,     Adv =  Iron Bias...4

Note : In the above I reversed Neil's original Tone Pitch settings as I prefer Iron to sound off as a quiet low tone and non ferrous as a loud high tone.

If you prefer things the other way around just reverse Tone Pitch numbers to t 1...23 , t 2...7

I use 2 tone ferrous a lot on some sites with my Etrac and am glad to see something similar again here with the Nox.

These are the basic settings he gave and a test run works great for me. If anyone can improve these please feel free to add you improvements :biggrin: 

Good luck

rookie question(s):

1. what does this mean?  Advanced = Tone Pitch   t 1...7 , t 2.....23

2. Same question:  Adv = Volume Tone  t 1 ...1 (or 0  if you dont want to hear iron)    t 2 ...25

I am ducking as I am sure it is probably easy to figure out but I couldn't...