Do You Think The Equinox Is Nose Heavy? Do You Think The Battery Will Be Replaceable?

So true Steve.   Just look at the EQ......... cell phone size, external battery supply can be used, USB capable.   Is it me or are we moving toward apps?   Obviously they would have to convince a major company to work with them..... since right now phones are different.    I could see a huge reduction for a detecting company....... fewer repairs.... they'd just replace coils the hardware would be on us. 

I just talked with a nice lady at ML customer service. I had read where some folks were saying that the Equinox was a throw away machine after the battery went south. I just didn't think that sounded right so I called. Yes, the battery is definitely replaceable by ML. She said if you open it up for any reason and water gets in there, the warranty is voided. So, here is the question I should have asked... "If you don't want us in there replacing the battery ourselves, then will you even give us the option to buy one?." I'm just guessing that may be the case.? From the video, it doesn't look that difficult.

52 minutes ago, Steven said:

I had read where some folks were saying that the Equinox was a throw away machine after the battery went south.

Welcome to the forum! That is other forums where trolls are allowed to spread nonsense. None of that here, and there are no worries from sensible people about battery replacement down the road when the time comes. At worst have Minelab do it. If not, people will be able to do it themselves. If Minelab is silly enough to not sell such a battery others will step up and supply them. Minelab does not make the battery - anyone can buy them and attach the required leads.

Good to know Steve and thanks. By the way, I just got lucky and had a nice gentleman give me a tip on a possible 800. Turned out to be right. They had one and it's on it's way. I feel very fortunate compared to what some of the good folks on here are going through to find one.