Who Uses An Audible Threshold And

Jackpine

What number does it end up at for a barely audible tone?  Please state you detector and headphone volume settings such as headphones wide open and using the detector volume control to set level.

Probably just going down the rabbit hole with this but....

You might be right..... you are going to get all kinds of answers on this one.   Peoples hearing really vary.... and you have bad to really superior phones or even ear buds.... and volume tolerance for hunting will be different.  Many of us beach guys make our own phones using larger piezos or audio sear speaker, better cable and air craft muffs too.  We get a lot of noise near/in the water.

Jackpine,

On the Equinox, with it's wireless head phones, I prefer the threshold volume set on 5. For me, the tone is in the back ground but audible enough to be heard. 

Dean

I have hunted a few times with the "just barely audible" threshold... but have opted (at least currently) to zero it out due to it causing some echoing on target tones.  Most everything tone related is pleasing to my ear with the equinox... from 2 tone to 50 tone... it sounds good to me.. but with the threshold, the echo is unpleasing to my ear... that may be just me. 

• Like 1