E-800 Went Crazy

Norm S

These types of glitches were bound to start showing up as more and more units get into regular use. I must say now that if I experience some such anomaly I'll be glad I have the other equinox, so I don't have to go without one, even if the service turn around is short. It does appear that Minelab is ready to address these issues very quickly to get positive feedback in the forums and equinox groups. 

Well relicmeister I am looking for an Equinox 600 right now..  If I find one today maybe I can get it by Wed before I leave on my fishing trip..

From time to time, when I'm in pinpoint mode it will get "stuck" with the tone on constant high no matter where you move the coil. Going back to search/discr. mode then back to pinpoint mode has always gotten it working again. Also, sometimes when pinpointing the volume will suddenly drop down to almost nothing even though pinpointing is still working. Starting over gets volume back to normal.

Neither of these bugs happen often enough to be a real problem.

Dubious I have had the volume drop to nothing and the pinpointing feature still working but have never had a button stick, When mine went haywire it was lying on the ground next to me while I was digging a target. It started screaming on it's own like it was dead center on a target.