A Great Weekend With The Equinox

strick

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

It could be a gold mine, or it could be a great place to collect pull tabs lol

I think it will be a great place for both Cal :smile: Dig every everything that hits 1 and above for the gold lol 

Seriously I pay attention to anything 4-13  that hits well and 99.9 % of the time it's can slaw, foil, pull tab etc... I've just learned to dig most everything that hits solid or sounds deep etc.. When time is a factor then I'll cherry pick. Got off work early so I'm off to hit another park. Thanks Fellas!

strick 

Strick -- GREAT job.  LOVE the necklace.

I agree -- any time I dig sub 12-13 targets, even when they sound good, they are can slaw or foil!  Someday...

Steve

Thanks for all the replies...no good finds tonight..... such is the way of treasure hunting...maybe a relic hunt next time...work has me running in circles for the next few days...one more teaser shot of the necklace and the ring I found a couple weeks back. Took these pics for Gerry...Really like how fast this machine is..you can cover some ground. 

strick

20180424_175309.jpg

20180424_175438(0).jpg

On 4/22/2018 at 10:52 PM, strick said:

The place dates back to the 1890's Found lots of targets but the best find was a 1909 Portola Festival medallion. Part of the fun of relic hunting is figuring out what the heck you got. In 1909 San Francisco threw a big party to celebrate the rebuilding of the city after the big earthquake of 1906.

Gold has the $ value, no doubt, but the history, detail, and patina of that token/medal in its mount (looks like it might have been used as a watch fob?) carry a lot of value in my book, too.  Nice finds and thanks for sharing, Strick.

Thanks fellas! The chain is probably my best jewelry find since it's intact all I had to do was clean it. I don't wear jewelry except for my wedding band. Speaking of bands I was able to get out yesterday evening at a trashy park/ball field..Got another gold ring.  Small 10k band 2.19 grams Target ID was 14 in Park 1,  auto ground balance, reactivity 7, iron bias 0  Out of the ground it reads 15....Gonna have lots of fun digging all those 14's and 15's  now lol 

I'm having fun with this machine. Cant wait to get out again this weekend.  It's FRIDAY! 

strick 

20180426_175558.jpg

20180426_175621.jpg

20180426_180622.jpg

SUPERB ring!!!!!

You say you are going to "have fun digging those 14s and 15s?"  UGH!  That sounds like "rusty forks in the eyeballs, bamboo shoots under the fingernails" to me, in the parks I hunt!  If I did that, I'd literally fill 5-gallon buckets with rectangular tabs...  

YUCK!!!

Somehow, some way, SOMEONE has GOT to be able to develop a way to indicate that while a Coke can tab, and that gold ring you found, might read exactly the same from a VDI and audio perspective, there is a TREMENDOUS density difference there, between the two objects.  I know metal detectors using current technology would have no way of sensing or determining density directly (but instead make ID assignments based on size of object and "eddy current flow,") but SOMEHOW, it HAS to be possible to dream up a method where the differences in density/mass between aluminum and gold could be somehow exploited (while still in the ground)...

For instance, I have to believe that there's a way, using some yet-to-be-identified number of different electromagnetic transmissions (maybe 5, or 10, or 15 of them, at various different frequencies), to sample gold rings versus rectangular tabs in a lab, and using the characteristics of the return signal emanating from the two objects from each of the different transmit signals, to identify some differences (using statistical techniques) that could result in at least a REASONABLY effective "gold versus aluminum" discriminator...

Steve

3 hours ago, steveg said:

kUPERB ring!!!!!

You say you are going to "have fun digging those 14s and 15s?"  UGH!  That sounds like "rusty forks in the eyeballs, bamboo shoots under the fingernails" to me, in the parks I hunt!  If I did that, I'd literally fill 5-gallon buckets with rectangular tabs...  

YUCK!!!

Somehow, some way, SOMEONE has GOT to be able to develop a way to indicate that while a Coke can tab, and that gold ring you found, might read exactly the same from a VDI and audio perspective, there is a TREMENDOUS density difference there, between the two objects.  I know metal detectors using current technology would have no way of sensing or determining density directly (but instead made ID assignments based on size of object and "eddy current flow,") but SOMEHOW, it HAS to be possible to dream up a method where the differences in density/mass between aluminum and gold could be somehow exploited (while still in the ground)...

For instance, I have to believe that there's a way, using some yet-to-be-identified number of different electromagnetic transmissions (maybe 5, or 10, or 15 of them, at various different frequencies), to sample gold rings versus rectangular tabs in a lab, and using the characteristics of the return signal emanating from the two objects from each of the different transmit signals, to identify some differences (using statistical techniques) that could result in at least a REASONABLY effective "gold versus aluminum" discriminator...

Steve

Same here . I think Bruce Candy has it in his head and just not ready to give it to us . Maybe our grandkids . ?? Hope gold won't be worthless by the time it happens

LOL Judy.  Or maybe Bruce Candy HAD it in his head, and then put it into practice, and he's busy cleaning out the parks and beaches with it!  ;)

Steve

19 minutes ago, steveg said:

LOL Judy.  Or maybe Bruce Candy HAD it in his head, and then put it into practice, and he's busy cleaning out the parks and beaches with it!  ;)

Steve

Hope if he is he realises there is more valuable treasure over in the UK than here in OZ . 

LOL!

I hope if he is, that once he gets bored with it, he tosses us mere mortals a bone!  ;)

Steve