It Could Have Been A Cell Phone

Instead it was a Gucci!  My first one.

A couple of days ago we had some low tides and it was time to get out.  When I say get out I mean at 4 AM with my light on my cap.  There are a few beaches you have to get to when the tide is low and BEFORE someone else.  This was one of those mornings.  When I get there I head directly to the wet sand and the spots where I've found stuff before.  This pattern I repeated the other morning and I got a strong target on the Nox about 2 minutes in to the hunt.  I was in Beach 1 just about standard settings.  When I heard the target it sounded like a quarter (30) and then a little bit higher (31,32).  The only targets I have heard this high have been the miniature cars and cell phones.  This had to be a cell phone.  I have a big scoop with an 8" diameter and the first couple of half scoops didn't get it.  It was still chirping at me.  I was now down 8" and it was one of those broad signals.  Got'a be a cell phone.  I had to set the Nox down and dig with two hands and I flipped out the dirt and the target was out of the hole but no cell phone.  I pushed the mud around with my boot and I saw silver!  This is the heaviest silver ring I've found so far.  It is a Gucci Bamboo that weighs 18.4 grams at 10-12 inches and I think it could have seen it deeper.

Mitchel

IMG_9583.JPG

NICE dig on a BIG ring!

Steve