Coming Soon - Waterproof Wireless Earbuds

On 6/8/2018 at 12:19 AM, Tom Slick said:

I bought these and use them with the 800. I can't notice any lag

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078C4YGYD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Tom do these work fine with no lag ,someone recommended some others to me and said they was fine but there was lag dont want to waste my money again lol

Iffy Signal - I can't hear any lag at all. I'm really happy with the sound they produce also. I think I made a great purchase with them and they were only about $20.00. 

On 6/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Chase Goldman said:

To bphill-

They are likely not APTX LL which has significantly less latency than APTX.  I have not found a set of waterproof APTX LL earbuds for sale anywhere.

If you can verify that they actually give you the bluetooth symbol with the "+" sign when you pair them up with the Equinox (indicating they are actually APTX LL)  that would be great info (along with the manufacturer and model number).  APTX is barely useable from a latency standpoint.  Regular non-APTX BT fuggitaboutit, not usable.

Well I tried my new wireless earphones[MPOW judge model MPBH083AB] and I was able to pair it with the equinox. I didn't notice any latency problems at all. I did notice the tones sounded a little different but other than that it seems to be ok. I do not believe these are the LL version.  I will try it on a hunt and see if it still seems to work ok.

Brent

3 hours ago, bphill said:

Well I tried my new wireless earphones[MPOW judge model MPBH083AB] and I was able to pair it with the equinox. I didn't notice any latency problems at all. I did notice the tones sounded a little different but other than that it seems to be ok. I do not believe these are the LL version.  I will try it on a hunt and see if it still seems to work ok.

Brent

So you are NOT getting the "+" symbol with the bluetooth symbol on the Equinox?  Like I said previously, this is the way to tell with certainty that the earphones are or are not APTX LL, no guessing required.  No "+" symbol, then they are not APTX LL.

Any latency issues really show up when you are trying to fast wiggle across a known target as shown below:

Y<------d------>X<------d------->Y

The more quickly you wiggle over the target center X, with a lot of latency you will hear "apparent" phantom target signals Y to either side of the X and the distance d increases with increased latency or if you swing with a higher frequency (i.e., higher coil speed).  The delay results in you hearing the target at each of the "Y's" vs. the X where the target actually is.  It is really apparent and really annoying to experience it.  With APTX I can tolerate this (i.e., the "d" is pretty small) but anything else is unusable for me.  APTX LL, to me, doesn't give me a noticeable "d".

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

So you are NOT getting the "+" symbol with the bluetooth symbol on the Equinox?  Like I said previously, this is the way to tell with certainty that the earphones are or are not APTX LL, no guessing required.  No "+" symbol, then they are not APTX LL.

Any latency issues really show up when you are trying to fast wiggle across a known target as shown below:

Y<------d------>X<------d------->Y

The more quickly you wiggle over the target center X, with a lot of latency you will hear "apparent" phantom target signals Y to either side of the X and the distance d increases with increased latency or if you swing with a higher frequency (i.e., higher coil speed).  The delay results in you hearing the target at each of the "Y's" vs. the X where the target actually is.

No I'm not seeing a + sign.  I'll try it on a hunt and see how it go's.    Brent

Thanks.  Probably APTX then since the latency seems tolerable.  I do notice it more on my APTX only earbuds since I am used to the ML supplied APTX LL phones.  Some people can't even deal with the APTX LL latency.  If it doesn't hinder your detecting, then go for it.  That would be a good thing.  It is only a problem if you notice it not just because someone tells you you should.  HH