Another Wireless System Option

Jin

Just thought id share the wireless system I've been using successfully for a while now on my gpx4500.  My previous wireless system suffered from broken wires and finally one of the units gave up the ghost. I didn't want the Garrett Z-Lynk or the Pro Sonic so did research into other units. I wasn't sure they would work but fortunately, they did.

Was looking for something robust and small that could handle the beating my equipment gets from detecting hilly thick scrub. Did a lot of research and found the "Xvive U2 Guitar Wireless System" They are robust and the connectors swivel which is really handy when fitting the receiver to the steelphase booster as it hugs the unit nicely. The lag time is not noticeable at only 6 ms. I seem to get a good day of detecting out of them and recharge time is pretty quick, although I rarely let them go flat. I'm using a light lipo battery as the power source for the detector which I tuck under the detectors cover. So much easier being wireless than getting snagged on bushes and branches. Also easier to dig targets not being attached to the detector.

xvive.PNG.d6e87eab908737f2e9d1fdb9e518f42e.PNG

Xvive U2 Guitar Wireless System

Comprising of two simple and small 1/4 jack connectors that act as transmitter and receiver, the U2 is ideal for stage, home and studio use and can also connect via Bluetooth to your favourite devices, using 24 bit resolution to capture every detail in real time - uncompressed, natural, clean tone with no delay at a range of up to 100ft/30m. 

It uses 2.4 GHz frequency and uses WI-FI spectrum. It is digital and the sound would be as though you are using a cable. You can use up to 4 units at a time. To eliminate any possibility of interference from other devices using the 2.4 GHz frequency, we recommend the Xvive U2 wireless system not be placed within 1m of another U2 Wireless system, and more than 3m away from any WI-FI devices such as Internet Routers, Portable Hot Spots etc. 

Featuring a rechargeable lithium battery with approximately 5 hour life at full charge. 

Includes a transmitter and a receiver. 

Charging cable is included. 

The Tech Specs 
Brand: Xvive 

Model: U2 

Suitable For: Electric guitar, Bass guitar and Electric Acoustic instruments with an EQ with Pickup. 

Range: Up to 100ft/30 metre line-of-sight transmission range 

Delay time: 6 ms 

Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz 

Channels: 6 compatible (Legal for use in Australia and New Zealand) 

Resolution: 24-bit Delta Sigma, 2.4GHz broadcast 

A/D conversion: 24-bit low-noise system 

Dynamic Range: 105dB 

Play Time: Approximately 5 hours with rechargeable lithium battery 

Recharge Time: Approximately 2 hours when flat 

Input/Output: Side-mounted 1/4-inch Jack connector ins and outs on receiver/transmitter 

Heres a picture of the battery next to the minelab battery. Its a 7.4V 8000mAh FLOUREON LiPo Battery. 

IMG_1243.thumb.jpg.a6f17c92e952363ac372157bc4208c3d.jpg

Not really my business but a really good set of earplugs like the bose noise canceling earbuds are far more effective at hearing subtle changes in the threshold than speakers or the koss 30's. 

30 minutes ago, Jin said:

Heres a picture of the battery next to the minelab battery. Its a 7.4V 8000mAh FLOUREON LiPo Battery. 

Did you make this?  I am looking into something like this myself, but not sure how to wire the 5 pin connector to the battery pack.  Thanks for the wireless link.

Hi Jin,

Thanks for showing that system.   There have been a few discussions re: wireless systems for the QED on other forums recently.  It seems the bluetooth models are prone to interference whilst the Wi-Fi systems aren't.

Looking at the connectors the receiver really needs to be plugged into a booster doesn't it?  Can't really plug a set of ear buds or headphones into that male plug? 

I assume you are using the system of - GPX - Transmitter - Receiver - SP01 - Bose earbuds?

Cheers, NE.

I see they are $199 AU on Catch at the moment.  Wondering where you got yours and a price if you are happy to say?

https://www.catch.com.au/product/xvive-u2-black-guitar-wireless-system-474990/?offer_id=583547&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqfeQ0OuH4AIVxxaPCh1wnwUdEAQYAiABEgLlRfD_BwE

phrunt, you should be able to get a battery in NZ as they are widely used in model aircraft. Most hobby shops stock them. Both JR Beatty and myself use these. I have one fitted on my QED prototype.