Sign in to follow this  
Nuke em

Beach Finds 18-01-18 , Another Silver

Pity about the club the way it went . 

Thats a good haul 30 quids in 1 sesh well done!!!!!

RR

2 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Thats a good haul 30 quids in 1 sesh well done!!!!!

RR

Went out a couple days ago but only had £13 . Then went out today and had another £34 and a 2 Euro coin . 

I wont put on here my finds unless i get a ring or other Gem , had 5 £2 pound coins in the total today.

Just wish all the beaches in my area were good , i had to walk miles to get that total today.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jackpine
      On my way to the beach today I came up with the idea for a hunt for Fenn's Tom's Treasure.  No, you don't have to go there to find the treasure which is the 1895 IH I found the other day, just solve the clues in n the test below and give the location and name of the beach.
      I was on a mission today to find an old beach hoping it was cherry and longing for a tasting of it's treasure
      Good luck! 
      💍
    • By schoolofhardNox
      I have the pleasure of sporting the worst cold I have ever had. I should be doing battlefield metal detecting, but for the past 5 days I am just enjoying this cold.😡 So, not feeling like doing any real work or going anywhere, I decided since my beach hunts are over until fall, I would gather up and count and post all my finds for the whole season…. A season wrap up, if you will. Since I couldn’t muster up the enthusiasm to do everything in one post I figured I would at least post the good stuff. So here it is – the Gold and Silver finds from last Labor Day thru this Memorial Day. I managed 36 beach trips, not sure how many hours but probably about 250 hours of detecting. The breakdown goes like this: Gold total – 36 pcs, at an average of 1 pc per visit. Silver total (coins and other) – 207 pcs, at an average of 5.75pcs per hunt. The breakdown for silver is: 146 coins consisting of 6 Half Dollars, 27 Quarters, 98 dimes, 15 War Nickels. The other items (rings, chains, earrings, pendants, odd broken pieces etc.… - amounted to 61 pcs. Coming later “someday” will be the clad count, and a breakdown of the junk items to show the ratio of good to bad that comes with the territory. It was a great season for me and I look forward to shifting gears and doing the battlefield hunting and maybe some cellar hole hunting if I get a chance. And since I have neglected my other hobbies, maybe doing some of those until Labor Day.  Most of the gold was found because of the Equinox, probably 75-80% of it. Most of the silver was found with the GPX (at depth) probably 90% of it. Not a great comparison since I have found most of that gold in 8 visits and the silver was found with about 28 visits and I was specifically looking for deep silver, so I did not use the Equinox for that, mainly due to the fact that it was busy finding gold  Seriously, I was too inexperienced to get that kind of depth out of the Equinox, as most of that silver was in the 14" deep range, basically sitting on a clay layer with the sand above it containing small wisps of very fine black sand.  But that combination worked well for me and I'll probably stick with it for a while.

• By Jackpine
      First two pics are from previous hunts at a fresh water beach with the ID Edge.
      Found an area where the sand moved out a bit and made some older finds.  The 2 large rings had been in the water quite a while the small one is a newer drop probably from last year all marked 925.

and today's very first finds with the Nox.  Small Sterling Silver bracelet and the usual stuff.  The melted car looks a bit like a Delorean that perhaps did too many time travels and the large metal ball.. I have no idea what that's from. Perhaps a weight from a fishing net?

• By schoolofhardNox
      Possibly my last beach hunt until fall. They don't allow detecting while the public is using the beach, once they open for the season. Today I tried 2 beaches, but quickly left the first one to go back to a more reliable one. It was a good move. The gold streak continues with 2 (possibly 3) gold items. I found some nice silver too, including a beefy .925 Academy ring. Great day to be out detecting and I finally found my first gold chain with the Equinox!

• By Nuke em
      As the Equinox is having trouble with EMI and other things on the beach where i go i decided to use my E.Trac today . I got to the beach after 3pm and searched the lower beach till low tide walking for around a mile . I found a few coins here and there through out the search and it seems that the Nox hasn't been missing that much . I found most of the coins at similar depths i was finding the coins yesterday with the Nox except for a couple that would have been i think to deep for it . I still find the ET much better for target info and tones than the Nox . I also found a Silver ring and a Bell , dont know what its made of though .
      After searching the lower beach i went on the tops but it was very quiet for finds so i finished and left for home at 7.30pm . Not sure when i'm out next , might be tomorrow but i might leave it till next Tuesday . The weather is going to warm up a bit over the next few days , typical . I have to work for 6 days after tomorrow .

• By Nuke em
      Today i took the Nox out again and only the Nox "mistake" ! I went to the beach at around 12 noon so i could work the tide out then do the tops for the fresh losses and i am sure there would have been some . The machine behaved mostly lower down the beach between the tides where i found all the finds for today . I didn't have any gems this time , considering the conditions of the beach i am surprised . It looked good . 
      But like i said it was a mistake to only take the Nox , normally i would take the Terra and change the machines over on the Anderson shaft. When i tried to use the Nox on the dry tops like the last trip i had nothing but interference from something . Maybe EMI from the clubs again or maybe mobile phones ?? plenty of people using them on the beach today . It got so bad that the headphones kept tripping out and the machines main speaker would go on , then the machine would just go silent like when the ET or Explorer's would nul on a target of Iron or something . I noise cancelled several times but it made no difference at all. So i gave up at around 4pm and headed home . My finds for today were £15.03p and 2 foreign coins .
      It is an understatement to say how bad the conditions of the beaches i search are , and many think i am being negative . I'm not . From now i will only take the Nox out with the Terra 705 , it will mean more weight in the rucksack but its the only way to make sure i have a machine for all areas of the beaches i do . The Nox works in the water and up to the ridge where it gets level with the tops but on the tops its hopeless . I will have to visit another beach elsewhere at some point .
      Tomorrow i am thinking using the ET so i can go on the tops and do a little in the tidals too , on that beach that and the Explorer 11 are the only machines i have that can do all areas without trouble . Except for some nulling on Iron and bonfire markings , that will be early in the morning at 5am till 10am if i go . Tuesday is a definite due to 6 days working after that. 
      Very frustrating !