It is nice to see a true Multi Purpose detector like the new Minelab Equinox 800 do as advertised and then some.

Originally most people (including myself) felt the Prospecting Mode was an afterthought.  What I mean is, the manufacture makes a great detector for the majority of people who use it, knowing they will be detecting Coins, Relics and Jewelry (the majority of use) with occasional Prospecting.

This detector started making BUZZ from a few Testers who are actual Nugget Hunters and it still continues to impress. (Make sure to read the post by JP as he really goes into great detail).

Even though it has the round 9” open coil, the detectors SENSITIVITY to small low conductor metals is TOPS.

Check out the 1st nugget found by one of my customers using his EQ-800 in Arizona last week.  No it is not a huge one that any detector should beep in, it is actually pretty small.

Here are the comments Ron W shared with me

“ Found in a hard hit area in a small 8’ x 15’ raked patch, gold 2, sensitivity 25, ground balance manual, 4 inches deep, very clear signal. Missed by a Gold Bug 2 and the Monster. Had to take 2 inches off before the Gold Bug with small coil could hear it. Very nice detector. Light weight, easy to handle with lots of options. Thanks for your great customer service Gerry. Ron”

It actually feels pretty good to see my own customers making finds with their Equinox detectors before me.  Besides, they need a little love once in a while too.

Keep it up guys, we love hearing the stories and seeing the photos of GOLD-n-NOX.

Ron1stNug2.jpg

Ron1stNug1.jpg

Gerry...... i know the feeling about being an after thought.   I felt as a water hunter beach mode ment wet and dry sand.   Even our phones and the cable is an accessory.   BUT..... things are starting to come together and i see this more in the future..... those who dont will be left behind.   It was a VERY GOOD move for ML.

Multi-IQ is doing something unexpected on small gold in mineralized ground. Have we not all wondered why multifrequency detectors do not do better on small gold? I think we are finally getting the answer, and what I am seeing is the true ability to combine high frequency sensitivity to tiny bits with lower frequency ability to penetrate deeper on larger gold.

For a VLF. That caveat must always be included.