Orx Gold Ring Setting

Limited features and adjustments is the reason we have the ORX otherwise we'd only have the Deus. Same with Simplex+ and Vanquish series. Still, I love my ORX, but push come to shove, The Nox 800 is still my best "All Around" detector.

IMHO, Keeping the ORX over the Nox for ring hunting is a huge mistake.  

• Like 1

took the ORX out to a hunted out site, using the Gold 1 with the setting i told you about . I got fooled by one deep iron nail that was bent in an L shape and rusted to the point that a sliver of unrusted iron was in the middle so i dug it all thou it sounded a bit hollow. but i could tell when i had a non Iron target, even that big iron you see from a cast iron stove was easy to tell it was big and flat and was Iron so i dug it , and the flat barrel iron i could tell but dug it to remove it . found a copper rivit and a aluminum insode of a 1930,s bottle cap that was deep so i checked it with the other programs and they said dig . one thing i wish they would do with the ORX is when you hunt in Gold 1 and want to check with another program i would like to just press one button to get to my alt program instead of scolling thru to get to my alt program . but all in all this is a great machine . I love how easy it is to colaps it and take it with me on my ATV that way its not getting hung up in branches and things in the deep woods. I bet i would have found somthing like a coin but the Mosquitoes drove me out .And one more thing the large round brass thing in picture 2 has a Iron thing in it that threw off the other detector s but not the ORX and it was only 3inches deep

20200723_144453.jpg

20200723_144505.jpg

20200723_144514.jpg

Jeff i have the Equinox 600 with the 11" and 6" coil got it new in end of may this year  ,never had it in the water but i dont trust it now . I will let it go with the 11" coil and the 6" coil shipped for 375.00$ I figure its chances of leaking are good , I figured it would be nice for the river  but I figure its not really going to stay dry  but i do most of my hunting in the woods and field, and ocasionally go to parks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

Jeff i have the Equinox 600 with the 11" and 6" coil got it new in end of may this year  ,never had it in the water but i dont trust it now . I will let it go with the 11" coil and the 6" coil shipped for 375.00$ I figure its chances of leaking are good , I figured it would be nice for the river  but I figure its not really going to stay dry  but i do most of my hunting in the woods and field, and ocasionally go to parks.

It is under warranty.  There is zero risk.  If it leaks you get a new one, if doesn't you have likely got a a reliable water machine.  I just don't get the hesitancy of folks finding out one way or the other while the warranty is in effect, especially if they have a suitable backup detector to swing if the Nox has to be sent back for replacement.  But whatever...take the guaranteed loss on resale if that is what you want to do.  Good deal for Jeff.  SMH.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

If Jeff does not jump on this I will buy it.