Silver And Gold & Diamond Spinner Ring...

3 hours ago, cuniagau said:

The tester keeps saying the silver ring is 18K and the spinner ring is 14K.  I think that because the two rings are touching, it is giving me the wrong reading on the silver ring.

Can't you slide a piece of paper between them to prevent conductive contact?

Nice find!  The inside of the inner ring -- showing the hallmark, etc. -- sure looks gold to my eye, and quality at that.  But others here are way more experienced than I.  You should be hearing from them shortly.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Slimpickuns said:

Slimpickuns,

I don't know how you found that site but I really appreciate it.  I have Googled, Binged, Yahooed and several other browsers and had come up empty handed.   The white Rhodium explains part of why the electronic tester wasn't reading it correctly too.  White Created Sapphires I guess read as diamonds too.  Interesting! 

I will toss it into the silver pile now that I know it only has gold plating on part of it.  12.8g of silver is still a pretty good haul for a silver ring!

Thanks again,

Joe 

Cool find! Haven't seen any quite like that before! 👍👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Cool find! Haven't seen any quite like that before! 👍👍

I have never seen one before either.  That is what so much fun about this hobby, something new all the time!

• Like 2
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Silver And Gold & Diamond Spinner Ring...
On 7/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, cuniagau said:

Slimpickuns,

I don't know how you found that site but I really appreciate it.  I have Googled, Binged, Yahooed and several other browsers and had come up empty handed.   The white Rhodium explains part of why the electronic tester wasn't reading it correctly too.  White Created Sapphires I guess read as diamonds too.  Interesting! 

I will toss it into the silver pile now that I know it only has gold plating on part of it.  12.8g of silver is still a pretty good haul for a silver ring!

Thanks again,

Joe 

Beautiful Gold ring cuniagau! And I agree on finding that ad for the ring..I looked also, said they can't be to hard to find...Well I never did...Nice find Slim!

• Like 1

This tendancy to make modern rings with "alternative"plated metals and fake stones is disgusting me😨.

How misappointing can be to find that beauty, to discover later it is next to a costume jewelry piece?

Still a good find for you in the USA 😉

The silver price here is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dewcon4414
      Thought id throw up a couple more finds from the month.   Things have kept me out of the water the past 3 months...... then we had the storm.   Seems everyone went home now as well so we are just getting locals and a handful of tourists now.   Still busy with hunters with our warm water.....so its getting picked clean.   Got more young guys getting into it with the local FB page now as well who are doing pretty well. 

• By Nuggetdog
      Found a beautiful little diamond ring, probably CZ. It says Avon sterling but there is a little chip that looks like it’s plated. Does anyone know if Avon sterling jewelry is .925 silver?

• By okara gold
      Some beach erosion and high waves from Sally brought these into detector range. One silver and 3 gold. Two are 14K, and the other is 10K.  About 8 hours total over 2 days. Three rings on the first day and one on the second day. I went back on the third day and all was sanded in again. I don't know what the gemstone is in the ring. Not a diamond. Bob K

• By The Seeker
      I got out for nice long hunt with the AQ. I found quite a few targets to keep me busy. Five of the rings are junk and the other two silver. One of the silvers has real diamond chips. The gold ring came towards the end of the hunt and weighs 4.7g. I have found 5 gold rings with the AQ and a small pendant, so not too bad.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By Jim in ma
      With lifeguards gone Kids gone cooler weather and the lowest water level in years,     fresh water
      I was out chin deep in what it seems to be undetected area. all targets were very deep and have been there for a long time.
      The Irish ring is stamped 375, the locket 585, and the blue ring 14k and I have not cleaned the 14k at all it is tarnished or stained.
      All found with TDI BH but I did mark the area that the locket came from to return with my Nox to try and find the chain.

• By mn90403
      I looked at my Equinox 800 screen when I heard it.  This Sound had potential.  It was not like the familiar sounds of pennies, quarters and even the nickels.  The screen read 9 and that had Potential too.  I swung over it in a couple of directions and it still had a solid 9.  Then you dig.  Still a 9 and a good sound as you go down 3-4-5 inches to the patch layer.  Then it is in the scoop and you look down in the dim light and you don't see a coin.  You can see a shape and the wire mesh too!  That is real POtential.  I turn on my light and voila it's a ring and its yellow!  POTENTIAL!

When I got home I looked it over.  It is not the best ring that I've ever found but it was the BEST and only ring I found last night.  It is 10k/RL/CZ/BOUVIA.  Potential realized.
      Now, this is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.
      Last night was a hunt pattern that I have repeated before.  It is a normal beach detecting pattern for me.  I put my son to sleep about 8 PM and when he is sleeping a couple of hours I get up and detect the beaches for 4 hours or so.  The beginning was the same with parking and beach entry.  After walking about half a mile I could see a detectorist light up ahead working the beach.  I could not tell which direction they were working but I knew this spot.  It could be good but I was going to let them have it.  I walked off the wet sand into the dry and avoided the spot for quite a distance and then I dropped back down to the beach.
      Someone had been to this portion of beach before me but they were gone or it had been the detectorist I avoided.  I could not see them any more and no one was in front of me so I relaxed and looked for the clues.  Pretty soon I found a coin.  I circled and found another.  I saw some recent (within 2 hours) unfilled dig holes and I included those in my pattern and then in my grid.  The picture emerged and I could see the beginning and finally the end of the patch.  It was a small patch this time but I'll take it.
      No one came across me while I was working this patch.  There were no seagulls.  I hope this happens for you on your patches.