V3 Update My Experience

mn90403

On 7/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, mn90403 said:

There is one thing I forgot to comment on which is a 'disappointment' to some I'm sure.  I still had 'trouble' with the pinpointing which I don't normally use.

I switched to it to test its characteristics and I found it 'cutting out' on a couple of targets and not very useful on others.  My swing technique and digging targets up near the top edge of the coil are often the best ways to dig targets.

While I was detecting I thought that Minelab is pinpointing challenged in the Equinox and the Pinpointers.  They need to have a dedicated 'Engineer of Pinpointing' to address their problems in that regard.  I do waste a fair amount of time zeroing in on targets.

My brother and I both have 800s and spent 4 hours or so detecting yesterday.  We both are using Version 3 firmware.  We both experienced the low audio issue with the Nox pinpointer several times during the outing.  The “fix” is to turn the pinpoint function off then back on again, same as with all of the 3 firmware versions prior to Version 3.  This gets the pinpoint audio back to normal as most of us already know.  You would think by this time ML would have come up with a fix for this lingering problem.  I'd trade 4 kHz for a pinpoint function fix.

• Like 2