V3 Update My Experience

mn90403

Yesterday I set up my 800 with a downloaded program from my Windows 10 computer.  It installed easily and last night I went to the beach for my first hunt.  When I turned it on as usual it connected in exactly the same way.  I didn't have to have it 'find' my headphones.  Once connected in the dry sand on the way to the wet sand I noticed a difference in quality of sound.  I didn't quite expect it.  I had expected no difference.

After detecting a bit and listening to a few good and bad targets I sensed that targets sounded better.  I was still in an area due to the lack of waves that had few targets but they sounded good and the threshold was smooth.  I was still in 23, on the sensitivity in Beach 1 manual gb which is my go to settings 90%+ of the time.  This difference wasn't really described in the update thread.  ColonelDan mentioned it in his thread.

The enhanced target sound reminded me of a switch I had made recently in dry sand to Park 1.  I felt that Park 1 targets sounded better than Beach 1 with less scratchiness on the corroded pennies and some other targets.  I was so pleased with the sound I extended my hunt in search of one of my patch beaches which would be a mile away.  After the long walk and few targets along the way I was rewarded with a bit of a sloped beach that had coin targets mostly.  Nothing was really deep but the layer was mostly 8-9 inches.  That is where I found most of the quarters close to the water.  I would like to have stayed out another couple of hours in that section but I had to go.

On the way back I tried to pick out a line that was more productive than the line I walked coming in.  I imagined a chain I had found one time that was 'floating' in the little waves.  It was gold but it still didn't bury in the sand.  I walked a line thinking of that when I got a hit and it was the chain and medallion.  That was my last beach target of the night.

When I left I decided to try the 4 kHz addition on the way back across the dry sand.  It was more quiet than the 5 as advertised in the update.  I found the little 'ring' in the sand with it which impressed me.  I'm certain if there were better targets where I was hunting I would have found them.

I like the update.

IMG_8738.thumb.JPG.a5fd2b0cb261c3c944f517138ab2bb91.JPGIMG_8739.thumb.JPG.893cf099eaffd921272ddefd54e970fa.JPGIMG_8740.thumb.JPG.cddebd1b4d7c0484cef71bebd26a54e9.JPGIMG_8741.thumb.JPG.6d31b1f963acace4379fec5def90acf9.JPG

There is one thing I forgot to comment on which is a 'disappointment' to some I'm sure.  I still had 'trouble' with the pinpointing which I don't normally use.

I switched to it to test its characteristics and I found it 'cutting out' on a couple of targets and not very useful on others.  My swing technique and digging targets up near the top edge of the coil are often the best ways to dig targets.

While I was detecting I thought that Minelab is pinpointing challenged in the Equinox and the Pinpointers.  They need to have a dedicated 'Engineer of Pinpointing' to address their problems in that regard.  I do waste a fair amount of time zeroing in on targets.

I have always used a separate pinpointer! Much faster and efficient, in my opinion! But it's funny how we each have modified our search and recovery methods to suit our individual needs! 

.  I will be installing 3.0 shortly! Always like the updates! 

. Nice work Mn!!👍👍

Thank you for the information on the update, as I will now be doing it this week. I don't know when or if I will be able to use it, but it will on on the 800.

Thank you for your time and giving us this much needed information.

Happy hunting

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

And to think you were going to wait a couple of weeks

I was never going to wait 2 weeks.  I was talking about waiting 2 days at the most.  I just had to jump through a couple of hoops, put the kid away, get the car fixed, pull out the other computer and check the tides.

My car is not back from being fixed but I'll use the backup boots and scoop to go out again tonight.

Did you get out and coin shoot yet?

Good luck to you guys!! Stay well hydrated!!

I just had to watch a CT Scan "detect" a couple of Kidney Stones that had to be removed; and have been kicking my a$$, since Saturday! NOT Fun!

Can't wait to get back out, with my recently returned Nox! Tropical Storm possibly a week or less out! May see some decent beach action, finally?!👍👍

51 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I just had to watch a CT Scan "detect" a couple of Kidney Stones that had to be removed; and have been kicking my a$$, since Saturday! NOT Fun!

Good luck with that!  How were they removed?

Lets just say... Not pleasantly; asleep for the hard part!!  And there not done! It's a process!! I get a few weeks break! 😵 👎👍

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

And to think you were going to wait a couple of weeks to see if it was worth installing 🙂

I think you may be mixing up Mitchel and me.  He's the better looking one.