Hello all, 

I'm currently up in Georgia working on family property, getting ready for hunting season!🦌  I'm with my son and dad, so no time to detect this trip!  But there's always time to hunt for flint and arrowheads! Most all the fields are planted now, so hunting areas are limited to washes, and recently cleared areas!

Finishing up work this morning, i did some scouting in an area cleared last winter! Had some rains since than, so figured it may have exposed something! We found some knapped piece's yesterday! And were back there again! My son had scouted the area, but missed a keeper! It's tough to find one that has not been broken! But this one was small enough to be intact! It was laying on top of the ground, shining in the sun! My first intact small arrowhead! 

Still have more work, and sight hunting to do!

Joe D.👍👍

20200811_121041.jpg

20200811_121107.jpg

• Like 8

That is small, easy to pass up. Cool find!

• Like 1

Congrats on the find, I know that I would have missed it with my eyes.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By geof_junk
      I found this interesting.
      Gold_Fever Aust.pdf
    • By GB_Amateur
      After reading many sad recollections of White's Electronics and the lamenting of the state of metal detector companies I was wondering what things were like back in the beginning.  I happened to see and subsequently acquire the Annual Treasure Edition of Frontier Times Magazine issued in September, 1964.  Although you need to go back to the 19th Century to find the real beginning, this is about the time that metal detectors became both portable and affordable (thanks to the recent development of low cost solid state electronic components -- transistors and diodes).
      In addition to five full length articles, here's a summary of the ads (full page all the way down to 2 line classifieds) in this issue relevant to the general topic of treasure hunting:
      Published materials -- 25.
      Build-your-own instructions -- 1,
      Panning, sluicing, etc. -- 3,
      Multiline dealers -- 3,
      Clubs -- 2,
      Scams -- 5.
      Besides those, here's a listing of metal detector manufacturer ads with state of location.  See how many you recognize -- order is as found paging front to back:
      Raytron (CA), Relco (TX), Fisher (CA), White's (OR), Metrotech (CA), Art Howe & Co (KS), D-Tex (TX), Gardiner (AZ), IGWTT (NM), Goldak (CA).  (Carl probably has at least one from each company.  )
      The only one of these with an ad of any size (second largest was D-Tex's 1/4 page) is Relco's two page spread shown here:

Noteworthy in its absence is Garrett.  According to Charles's 2015 obituary, the company was formed in 1964 so they were likely still a year or two away from their first ad.
      Adendum:  I've added a scan of the White's ad later in this thread.  The very small Fisher ad showed (in tiny drawings) part of a modern style detector and a 2-box, but hardly any detail.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      “The Great Basin has some of the most unusual natural history that's buried beneath its soil. Scientists say there was period either thousands to millions of years ago when woolly mammoths, giant sloths, and prehistoric bison would roam the area that we know today as Nevada.
      Recently, some of those animals from around and before the Ice Age have resurfaced.
      Tom Gordon lives in Carson City with his wife. He has plenty of space around his property and enjoys a good sweat from a home improvement project. He bought a couple of trees to plantand began digging holes around his fence. While digging these trenches, he hit some rocks but he also hit something that he'd never see before.
      "I had to take a step back and realize what I'm hitting is some bones from animal," says Gordon. "At first I thought it may have been some chicken bones or a deer but once I dug it out of the ground, I found a full jaw with teeth. My jaw even dropped."”
      Rest of the story with photos here
    • By mn90403
      Image: Rio Tinto.

Rio Tinto has showcased its rare pink, red, violet and blue diamonds from the Argyle mine in Western Australia virtually to a group of collectors, connoisseurs and luxury jewellery houses.

There are a few here:
      https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/rio-tinto-previews-rare-argyle-gems-including-six-hero-diamonds/

• By geof_junk
      I have been going through some old photos. This one might interest some members. To get the scale, the gold nugget is about 165 gm or 5 ounces plus.

• By mn90403
      History stands corrected: Smith, not Hargraves, first to discover gold in NSW
      https://www.smh.com.au/national/history-stands-corrected-smith-not-hargraves-first-to-discover-gold-in-nsw-20200902-p55rtr.html