Great Hunt! I love tokens. I'd rather find tokens than coins most always. The Jug is a beauty also. 

• Like 2

Great tokens!  Is the jug undamaged?  Does it have a maker's mark?

• Like 1

Cal,

Better go get your "mead" from from the Coal store before they run out.  :laugh:

Nice saves, as usual.

Some info on Mead Coal Co. "scrip" here.  Apparently a WV Coal company (makes sense) but wonder what a story it could tell about how it found its way to the Carolinas.

https://scholarworks.moreheadstate.edu/kilgore_scrip_collection/28/

1 hour ago, calabash digger said:

It is broke and cant find a makers mark on it. Thanks!

Unfortunate that it's broken.  Although the more generic (still old) ones in decent shape are worth in the $10-$20 region (I'm saying this for memory -- haven't been antiquing since I got back into detecting in 2015), some rare collectible makers' wares, if in good condition can bring way more.  Best is if they have the blue stenciled lettering on the side -- those are super collectible (and thus valuable).  But even without, there are some potters whose works demand high premiums.

"Condition, condition, condition..."  You just can't overcome that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      Me and flagman went out for a underwater adventure... The pics are of both of our finds...

• By dogodog
      Found this very cool old Strawbridges & Clothier charge coin hunting around an old spring house. Anyone have a clue when it was made? I'm thinking these are pretty rare. 

• By calabash digger
      Hit a new spot for about 30 minutes and these showed up...

• By Steve Andrews
      I found this fragment of fuze on Monday. It's scary-sharp! Jersey, Channel Islands

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all,
      Sunday and Monday i hit the coast in search of long lost treasure,still with my mate Fred and his nox and big coil Sunday night not much a copper ring for him,and a deep old copper penny for me.On Monday we hit another beach as we are still testing in real condition Nox Vs MDT.
      I was using my work in progress sand trolley(golf trolley which i will mod) a scoop and a spade were mounted on it.
      4.30 hours didn't bring much luck to both of us my tally for the day was 0.70 pence 😆😆😆😆.We were leaving and really pushing hard to get something good when i had a whisper signal ALL POSITIVE numbers ,after god knows how many spadeful came out this beast of a coin,the largest and heaviest coin i ever found and.......on a beach!!!!!
      It is a 5 kopecks from Catherine the Great Empress of Russia .
      Fred say i won the trophy find of the day very very unusual find on the beach,by the way my 50cal cases story is going around and they are now very very scarce on that spot and 3 in a row is a record finds in more than a decade......
      So far the MDT is growing on me my nox may need to go soon...
      Have a nice week
      RR

• By Steve Andrews
      Found yesterday on my local beach, these are sheathing tacks and a square nail from British fifth-rate, HMS Severn, which wrecked in a gale in December 1804. No lives were lost.
      The Lieutenant in charge at the time was exonerated at court martial and commended for getting the ship aground and saving the ship's stores.