Garrett Metal Detectors For Prospecting?

Getting back to Garrett lol.... if they simply spent a few $$ making the whole ATX package a smaller, lighter option with sensible coil options (make the design aftermarket-coil friendly) with maybe a few tweaks for sampling speed and/or frequency options, it would be a winner. The PCB design is good but the multiple button-press menu options are a huge nuisance for beginners. Keep the price below $3K and Garrett would sell a heap. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Minerjosh said:

But I can lol I saw pictures of coiltek 10x5 and 14x9 and one more larger size..I forget exactly but they all appear to be spoked

10 X 5 - nice. 

14 X 9 - fairly similar to the accessory coil that is already available - 15 X 12.      

Larger size again - interesting.   Area coverage I suppose.  I have never really looked into really big VLF coils. 

All spoked?  Then the 10 X 5 will miss the mark for me if that is the case  😔

But thanks for the info  😉

On 1/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, Northeast said:

Hold up there!!  What is this?  🧐

But I suppose you’re going to tell me you can’t tell me?  😉

I can tell you.

On Feb. 1st....

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Last time I found gold with a Garrett was with the ATX a few years ago. I like the ATX circuit, and would buy one again if packaged properly. I'm done with 7 pound metal detectors. :smile:

Garrett ATX Data & Reviews

My first year highlights with Garrett ATX. Large nugget in center is 3/4 ounce.

steve-herschbach-garrett-atx-year-one-2014.jpg

Exactly!  I'm with you on the weight issue.  The majority of us don't need a waterproof machine anyways. Garrett is seriously missing out on sales for not offering a light weight version.  But who knows, considering their aquisition of Whites, maybe the patents and tech they bought in combination with their own tech will spawn a new line to compete with Minelab.

• Like 2