Quick Air Test Of GPX 6000

Lunk

I’ve got a question to anyone who knows the answer and will step up to the plate explain it to me.

I can understand how Minelab made the 5000 and then made this super scooper 7000 detector.

But here is where it dumbfounded me is how they made the 6000 and yet didn’t make the 7000 obsolete. I know too that JB said the SDC still has its place if for no other reason a simple minded person like me can run it. That statement is very true because I know being I had one.

All I’m saying is if the 6000 is hot on small gold and hot on deep small gold with just about any detector can detect large deep gold then why would I need more!

I’m not so sure but I may have answered my own question are maybe it’s been answered little bye little from everyone here on the forum.

Oh well Happy Valentines to all here on the forum!

Chuck 

• Oh my! 1

Maybe it's because the GPZ 7000 has that massive 19" DOD coil that goes 40% deeper and most people can't lift it...that makes it better than the GPX 6000 on large, deep gold!😂 You just can't compare small coils to large coils on large, deep gold and the ML chart doesn't tell us the details we are looking for.

I just want to know when ML will release folks like JP and US dealers from their NDAs, so we can finally have some truth and answers to some of our basic questions???

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Look folks, JP has already told us that each of these machines is different technology.

I think they could have named the 6000 the XYZ to avoid any confusion.  All detectors have 'blind spots' and we know that from all the detectors we already use.  Now that we've taken most of the gold out of well known patches out comes a single machine designed to find what was still unseen.

If you were the head of Minelab wouldn't you do the same thing?  You are largely competing against yourself in this market.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Steve  
 I’ve seen what Minelab posted and I’ve counted the stars . Bye their own admission and with a larger coil the 6000 could be equal are exceed the 7000 . I know they didn’t say that but as they say the hand writing is on the wall .

Of what I can see and read the 6000 is somewhat like the SDC as more a turn on and go detector.

I don’t believe Minelab is stupid in any form but I do believe Minelab made the 6000 to sell ever more so than the 7000 ever could.

Tell me Mr. Steve would you make something you can sell by the thousand are by the hundreds?

I’m not saying that Minelab will trash the 7000 but I’m sure they will find ways to improve it. Then the next detector coming out the doors of Minelab will be 7500 are 8000 .

I wonder if there is a way to mathematically figure out the star chart based on consistent coil size. For instance we know the SDC is only an 8 inch coil and we know that the GPZ is a 14 inch coil. So if you bump up the SDC to a 14 inch coil how many stars do you think it would get on a 1 g nugget? You get what I’m saying? Anybody got a way to figure this math out?  It can’t just be standard, its probably logarithmic in some nature.

I say this because how much “better” are detectors really getting at detecting gold? (General Statement). I say this because my last day out before the snow hit I literally dug the end of a shotgun shell, paper caseing old one, 16 inches down with an SDC. I thought for sure I had a big nugget LOL

edit:  after I looked back at the chart I got realizing. It never gives us what those nugget sizes are at what depth. They could be a standard depth of 5 inches or 15 inches or maybe just 1 inch.  🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, araratgold said:

You heard it here first : The SDC is to be discontinued !

No way! Not until Minelab actually makes an 8 inch coil will you ever see the SDC go away. And we have seen from history that they will not make an 8” coil for any of their new machines.  If you want a PI with an 8 “ coil your only choice is the SDC.  If you want an 11 inch coil your only choice is the GPX 6000. If you want a 19 inch coil your only choice is the GPZ. I’m actually surprised that the GPX 6000 crosses over a little bit into the GPZ coil size territory.  Oops on Minelab 😊

afreskofnature

I hope this helps.

Pie R Sq. No Pie round Cornbread Sq.

I guess we’ll never know until we can get our hot little hands on one but even then we’ll have our own opinion.

None of us would be happy if they hung us with a new rope.

I’d still love to have one. That’s just the part of the pleasure of life.

Chuck 

• Haha 2

I bet they make the SDC3100. I mean isn’t that what it’s currently costing right now 🤣🤣.  I mean it’s called a super detector who would not want a super detector 🤣🤣

As I said before, the SDC has unique features that sets it apart from other detectors. Most of all, it completely submerges in my backpack. I don't want to have a coil sticking out. In contrast to perhaps many, I leave my vehicle and go for long hikes into wild terrain. No other detector is more suitable for this purpose, combined with being water proof. And aside from it's somewhat fragile spring loaded battery compartment, it is incredible rugged and you can beat it in rough terrain without problem (just put the knuckle guard on). The 6000 collapses, but not to the size of the SDC. So, it's not just a beginner machine but rather meets specific needs even for seasonend operators. Re 6000, lets just all wait for the first reports to come out. The GeoPI combined with ultra leight weight bears significant promise and without a doubt this will be a superbly designed machine. Whether or not you feel the need to buy it will be an individual decision you will have to make. Me, I can't wait to have it. I want to thank JP for having helped to develop this machine. Without a doubt it took many many hours of testing. Given his experience and expert advice to Minelab, I have no doubt the 6000 will be stellar.

• Like 5