SOTB

I snuck away before mom called today. ( Uhhhh, yesterday. I woke up in my chair !)

Made it to my beach an hour after opening ,,,BUT 2 hours before LOW TIDE !

And I decided to repay Karma for that "most of" silver dime last trip with some cleanup , but who knows what that 13-15 ID will bring ?????

Beach 1  recovery 3  , sens 19-20 , F2-0 , no disc.  low and slow............

A couple of pop tops were 1st out. 

And then another that ID'd 13 , but 14 after 1st scoop and 18 after a couple more !

In DEEP too , the scoops kept comin' outta the swamped hole and I hit something solid @ ~12" ! Changed angle of attack and hit the solid again ?? Hmmmm no hardpack here ???

GOT IT ! a square foot of trap wire mesh arrrrrgh  That woulda ruined someone's day if it made it to the surface in the surf.   

Time was almost up so switched recovery to 6 and moved a little faster towards the car.

Checked around the bigger pieces of driftwood where people sit and  over the ledge area where the dime was. 

No more targets , rinsed off and headed back to mom's place and just made it in time to do arts and crafts with her (OK I did the work while she watched )  I also tied a piece of yarn to her hearing aid with the other end tied to a safety pin to clip to her sweater . No more lost hearing aids ! (doubling the good karma from the beach cleanup........maybe enough for a RING next trip ???) 

🖖

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

SOTB

NOPE ! Didn't forget the boots either !

This time , I caught low tide and the surf was actually kinda tame yesterday too. 

Did a factory reset and went stock beach 1 , no adjustments.

NOT A THING at the water's edge.

Moved up on the towel line and managed a pull tab and a tent stake on the way back to the car...  

Had a nice talk with a conservation ranger in the lot, New head ranger in town and office closed without an appointment. (covid)...no answer on the phone . Maybe get my new pass next time ????? 

Oh BTW , I was cleaning up that dime and some crust came off the edge .....it was CLAD  after all. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGH !

Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh , that's life for a Son Of The Beach !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

that's life for a Son Of The Beach !

At least you got out there. There's something odd about having a detector and not using it! Glad you're not complaining, that makes you legit. 👍 Better luck next hunt!

• Like 2