Great finds and a good save on the tag, I wish you luck on finding to family.

Good luck on you next hunt.

• Like 1

Cool stuff! Nice to have great sources of old stuff, so close by!

I haven't found any dog tags at the beaches yet! Which is suprising! But I like the idea of returning them, if possible!

Somewhat related; I have found stainless steel crematory tags on the beach! But those i generally glue to a throwable sized rock, and throw as far out as I can back at the location found! Also a few under trees! Those get replanted! Like the dog tags, I think it's a sign of respect!👍👍

• Like 5

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

• Like 1
7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

39 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

Wow. A lot of car makers!

You'd think it would be easy to find. Another person dug one and posted it on Treasurenet, got a bunch of replies but none really nailed it. Model T's didn't have lug nuts, they didn't come about until later. It is old tho.

Oh well, won't fit in a display box so I'll add it to the box o' stuff... 😀

• Like 1
13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

My grandfathers brother has a beautiful Rambler Rebel that he used to race. Not a single ounce of rust on it, and will still beat most cars today.

Hope you find out what it went to.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Went out for a couple of hours this morning. I find that the 2nd day after a big rain (we got 8"+ in two days) is better than the day after. It was a nice day, pretty cool and the deer flies are finally on the decline. I loaded up with Cutter and headed out to the steamboat landing, I have been mowing small portions of it for access to the river and to hunt the dirt as well. Can't do the whole thing, it's quite a few acres.
      I cleared this ~30x40' space that I think was where a small building was, there is brick and lots of iron. It's a challenge to find anything so I went for deep iffy signals that were for the most part repeatable.

I wasn't disappointed, great conduction today. Got the usual junk:
      Lamp parts, what might be gun parts, and shotgun shell ends. A couple nails. The round disc appears to be the back of a wristwatch, there are no markings.
      Dug a couple of wheats, a 1918 and one with no discernible date. The latter was 8" down under a root. Some chrome plated object, probably recent.
      The buckles were the most interesting things, first is a suspender buckle similar to one Chase found here, with a patent date:
      Second is what I think is from the 1700s, not sure whether it is for a shoe or knee:
      Unfortunately the rounded plate is twisted, I don't dare try to fix it.
      Last is another of the clip type buckles, this makes #3 and is the most spectacular of them all. I have the other half. This one is the most ornate:
      Got new headphones I'm going to try out there tomorrow.
    • By Kelpike
      I've been hunting the yard of a house we have been working on for a few weeks. The house is the first or second house built in that town and has some decent history. So far I have only found 3 old horseshoes, a completely shot rusted pocket watch, a few pieces of lead pipe, a few newer coins, many rusted cans, and a ton of rusted chunks of steel. I was about to leave the job today and decided to search for a half hour or so. I was about to leave and decided to dig another signal that sounded decent. It ended up being an Indian Head Penny. I was pretty excited to finally find an old coin on that property. After rechecking the hole I ended up finding 8 more IHP in a space about the size of a table place mat. I searched all around that area and found on more less than two feet away from the first hole. They are in pretty rough shape. After only rinsing under the faucet, the top 2 show dates of 1891 and 1883. The bottom 2 are unrecognizable. Hopefully with some cleaning I can get a few more dates off of them. 

• By Againstmywill
      This is a rare day for me...3 silver dimes (first time ever)! I went back out for another hour at sunset to see what else could be found in the area I found the Barber this morning. I would never have guessed it would be another Barber day, and the first year of issue at that! The settings stayed the same, and the tones were about the same. I have gone over this area in the past, but when it gets hot and humid in FL, digging a dime isn't worth the effort sometimes. Well, I won't be passing up jumpy dime signals in that area again! It has been very dry here, so I will be hitting this patch of grass again when it rains and lowering the recovery speed. Also, I dug a coin(?) that is 3.1 grams(penny), and it looks to be squashed. However, the thickness is very consistent, unlike a train running over the coin. From one angle, it appears to say 1877 or 1827. Anyone have an idea?
       Equinox 800, 15", Park 1, 7 recovery, 22 sensitivity

• By Againstmywill
      Went out detecting this morning before the FL weather fried my brain. I was out for about 1 hour, so that explains the heat. I went to a local baseball field and was getting deeper Memorial pennies in the shade. I got a scratchy signal mixed with enough high tones (50 tones) to investigate. It turned out to be my second-ever Barber dime! Thought I would share this mundane find (for most of the seasoned detectorists) because sometimes in summer there are not a ton of posts.
       Equinox 800, 15", Park 1, 7 recovery, 22 sensitivity

• By Dug2gld
      Had an invite to detect near Culpeper VA yesterday in the red dirt.  The tarsacci found this awesome Eagle button.  Have a couple hunts coming up near Culpeper in the next few months, I feel comfortable swinging the detector in the difficult soil. Will also be doing water hunts this summer.  

• By Kaolin washer
      my settings- 6.4 khz  Mix mode, sensitivity was 7, and threshold set at 1 ,  black sand on ,salt on and balanced to 39. and ground balanced to 616 .and was using the 12" DD coil I hunted a park ,where the old swing set was . and the soil was glacial gravel & sand.and i got a nice solid 18-20 and had to dig way down to 1" past the depth of the pinponter  and up comes a clad quarter. It was a solid 10" deep I was impressed. the other quarter was 7" . and i found several tabs down at the 10" level as well . but again small foil.  Also out of the hole came several egg size basalt rocks that did not seem to block the signal to my 10" quarter . So I know this machine can find the silver if its down in the ground  very pleased with the tarsacci