104 Coins In 5 Hours - Campground Hunt

Although we/I prefer old coins, I sometimes make an exception "just for kicks and giggles", if the action is SO fast (carpets of clad) that.... it's fun just to see how many you can get in a period of time.   Like some spots were SO thick, that I just notched in quarters and up, and bagged 100+ quarters in a few hours.   Bummer that the USA doesn't have dollar and $5 coins like some other countries, do !    🙄

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Although we/I prefer old coins, I sometimes make an exception "just for kicks and giggles", if the action is SO fast (carpets of clad) that.... it's fun just to see how many you can get in a period of time.   Like some spots were SO thick, that I just notched in quarters and up, and bagged 100+ quarters in a few hours.   Bummer that the USA doesn't have dollar and $5 coins like some other countries, do !    🙄

Never thought I'd write this but sometimes I'm jealous of other countries that have much longer histories than the USA.😤

I'm not big on clad but when it's the only thing I find and if I learn something (tuning out EMI) it's worth mentioning, especially quantity! Definitely a record for me as a noob. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. 😀 Got two more tot lots to go. Thus far In 3 days I've dug 172 coins. I'll have to go over them to see if any have other than face value. Never maxed out my "keeper" box. No room left.

There is a field that I may save for a return trip, closer to the plantation. It's starting to get hot and dry now and I don't want to do a lot of damage. The farm doesn't have much, as big as it is.

• Like 2

Let the good times roll ! 

• Haha 1

Went out and tore up the last two tot lots and added 38 more coins. Decided to shoot for 200 in two days and did it. 😀20210620_203813.thumb.jpg.aa357570c68327605fd5decb8662b6fb.jpg

That's all folks 🤗

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

Great job,

Did you get "Detector Legs" yet! It's that one or two day leg pain from the lactic acid buildup in the large muscle groups of the legs from digging so many targets! "The price of success!"  When I get it, (not often enough) I walk like Frankenstein!  You won't find this in any dictionary! That's just my definition!😁

Now, the hunt for a coin converter that doesn't charge you 7-9% to cash in your bounty! There is still a national coin shortage from covid, so you may be in luck, after you check your coins!🤣👍👍

Just now, Joe D. said:

Great job,

Did you get "Detector Legs" yet! It's that one or two day leg pain from the lactic acid buildup in the large muscle groups of the legs from digging so many targets! "The price of success!" 

When I get it, I walk like Frankenstein!  You won't find this in any dictionary! That's just my definition!🤣👍👍

Hey Joe,

No problem with legs or back, but my arm muscles are cramping. Some NSAIDs took care of that. Still have Trigger finger in my right ring finger, but the large tungsten ring I dug in Savannah helps with that, I can't bend it much at night so it doesn't lock up.

Yeah, that was a lot of digging. Learned a lot too, and got a lot better with rapid evaluation of targets, depth, ID, pinpointing, you name it. It was an "exercise in utility"

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep, utes over futes any day!👍👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Yep, utes over futes any day!👍👍

I can avoid a lot of bending with the deeper targets in sand using that huge sand scoop. Just have to sift the sand back in and then drag it over the filled in hole. I'd say about a third of the coins were retrieved that way. Many were on top, so I literally picked them up. I use a Fiskars composite trowel if I have to dig after a couple of scoops. They're like 5 bucks, and surprisingly strong. Best part is bringing the golf cart to these parks, I don't have to walk to the area I'm hunting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

There is still a national coin shortage from covid, so you may be in luck, after you check your coins!

My wife and I have a large jar filled with coins, going to bring it to the bank soon. They say they have no problem with people bringing in large amounts of coins...

... We will see. 🤔

• Like 1