A Few More Relics From Mason Jar Hill

Good read with some nice pictures again from you, keep them coming.

Good luck on your next hunt and bring home some nice coins next time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

bring home some nice coins next time.

Were it that I could. 😵 I've dug some but they are much more rare than relics. I think this area was not very wealthy, even now people are frugal to the extreme in this area. It's not that people don't have money, they just don't lose it! 😀

The other possibility of course is it has been hit hard for the easy targets. The largest denomination I've ever found was a Mercury dime not counting clad, and even that is rare.

The only real stunner ever found in my presence was when Chase was here, he dug a Standing Liberty quarter. Most of my coin finds have been pistareens and half Reales, along with wheats and IHPs.

I like relics, there are a lot of interesting things in the ground. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bob - glad you are liking that 10x5 as much as I am.  When I next get a chance to get down your way for some coffee, chat, and swing time, the 10x5 is surely coming out of the truck.

Looking forward to it. They did turn the fields this year, but right now there's a bit of a corn problem. 😀 The 10x5 will be almost a requirement in the fall! New farm permission and possibly an old farmhouse down the road in the back pocket for then. 20210704_082631.thumb.jpg.fd4f3355f1a9b721978fbf5b3aeb29ee.jpg

Today we celebrate our Independence, happy 4th to everyone. 🇺🇲 I'm off to the beach very soon, hoping to bring back the gold. 

• Like 7

All you can eat corn? No problem!! I'll bring the butter and salt!😁  Great finds again! And I like that hawk flying in the picture!! Not an eagle, but very appropriate today!!🇺🇸👍👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

All you can eat corn? No problem!! I'll bring the butter and salt!😁  Great finds again! And I like that hawk flying in the picture!! Not an eagle, but very appropriate today!!🇺🇸👍👍

Haha Joe, it's feed/seed corn or for ethanol. Unless you get it early, it's kinda tough. 😁

The bird is a mockingbird, they have taken over. Built nests in my porch ferns, drove the Bluebirds and crows out, threaten everything that comes near em. They attack too. 😵 They do get rid of flying insects tho. It did look cool when I took the pic this morning. There are Eagles here, but I'd be nervous if I had the dog with me.

If you're heading up this way feel free to pm. 🙂 🇺🇲

• Thanks 1

Darn, what a waste of corn!😵  I have several generations of mockingbirds in my yard! It's gotten like if I'm family! They don't attack me, even when I get near their nests! Probably because I run off the neighborhood cats! They even follow me closely when I mow, for bugs! 👍👍

• Haha 2