Well just imagine in the future as you get older you'll have a Deus 2 on the beaches. Nice light weight. You won't have to worry about sore muscles then. 

• Like 1

Man, silver coins at 18". 🙄 Well one can dream. 😁 Stuff no top sweeper would ever find. I was getting clad once at a beach that was at 12" but new sand probably helped that. Even though I've lightened the Equinox, if I am always swinging it gets tiring. Sometimes I'll just dig something to be digging something 😀

Great stuff as always! Was anyone else there with a detector who saw you get the deep ones? Yikes. Same beach I was on a guy with a Sovereign scored a gold ring, but the hole was about 3' across. 🤯

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:05 PM, Rick N. MI said:

Well just imagine in the future as you get older you'll have a Deus 2 on the beaches. Nice light weight. You won't have to worry about sore muscles then. 

If the Deus II could find coins as deep as I'm getting and could handle the extreme EMI, I would buy it in a second. 👍 When I'm old, I'll probably just hang the GPX body on my hip and just swing the coil until I die. Then they can bury me and my machine in the dunes 😵

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Man, silver coins at 18". 🙄 Well one can dream. 😁 Stuff no top sweeper would ever find. I was getting clad once at a beach that was at 12" but new sand probably helped that. Even though I've lightened the Equinox, if I am always swinging it gets tiring. Sometimes I'll just dig something to be digging something 😀

Great stuff as always! Was anyone else there with a detector who saw you get the deep ones? Yikes. Same beach I was on a guy with a Sovereign scored a gold ring, but the hole was about 3' across. 🤯

Clad at 12" is good for any VLF/ Multi. The CTX 3030 could peg a clad quarter at 12" in slightly wet sand, but it couldn't do that if there was a lot of EMI present. I've had a couple people watch me dig coins at 15", including one of our members here. He had a PI as well and did hear each target although some were very sketchy. 15" coins are very faint but very repeatable, and if you get a couple of them close together, you will probably be digging a lot of them that day. 18" deep coins are rare, I think I've only dug less than 10 in 4 or 5 years of hunting beaches, so no one has seen that. Most of the people that watch me dig a penny at 15" want nothing to do with digging that deep for a cent 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beach hunt # 30 finally happened after I was washed out last week. Decided to pull out the old E Trac and do some grass hunting and then the GPX for a short while on the beach. Beach conditions were not very favorable, so I did a good chunk of the hunt on grass. I really need the practice with the E Trac just hunting for silver, but I can’t seem to not dig some low conductors hoping for gold.  Time is always a concern for me because of the travel, so I really need to just cover a lot of area and only dig high conductors from now on.  Obviously, these areas have been hit over the years, so I am just looking for missed signals or signals that had some form of iron next to them. The E Trac may be slow in comparison to modern detectors, but it has that ability to sound off on shallower targets while in the null. I did manage to get 3 silvers and a nice plated pendant that my wife claimed instantly. Lots of copper pennies and clad dimes and my fair share of junk, some of which was just sitting on top of the ground. As for the beach part of the hunt, I managed one buffalo nickel and a lot of junk. Not many coins lingering around these parts lately. Great weather and fun in the sun.

P4010253.JPG

P4010251.JPG

P4010249.JPG

P4010248.JPG

• Like 8

Nice hunt again! I can see the metal in the necklace, but I guess the bracelet was on top. 😀 Nice silvers and good on ya for getting something for your wife.

I think I outdid you for trash this week. 😀 New detector.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt again! I can see the metal in the necklace, but I guess the bracelet was on top. 😀 Nice silvers and good on ya for getting something for your wife.

I think I outdid you for trash this week. 😀 New detector.

Thanks. New detector to me, but I used to have an E Trac and sold it so I picked one up a little while ago, just for hunting silver. It really is a good machine for silver, even in junky areas. The bracelet was with the necklace in one hole on the beach, unusually deep for how modern it looks. The necklace has at least 3 beads that are metallic. I'm glad you won the trash digging race this week 😄 - I was definitely slacking.I'm bummed, it's going to rain me out next week again. I hate when I get trapped in that reoccurring cycle of rain storms. 😴

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I hate when I get trapped in that reoccurring cycle of rain storms. 😴

So true. Rainy days are good for watching detecting videos and reading manuals, but it just increases the "Jones". 😀

Luckily where I am the spring and summer storms get chopped up by the Blue Ridge, so we don't get the amount of rain you do up there. That's also why your trees are bigger. 😁 I will say when it rains here it rains harder, but there's so much sand in the soil it disappears fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

So true. Rainy days are good for watching detecting videos and reading manuals, but it just increases the "Jones". 😀

Luckily where I am the spring and summer storms get chopped up by the Blue Ridge, so we don't get the amount of rain you do up there. That's also why your trees are bigger. 😁 I will say when it rains here it rains harder, but there's so much sand in the soil it disappears fast.

Lucky you. I wish sometimes it would drain fast. But I guess deep moisture is why we get some really deep coins, especially when the winter snow melts.

• Like 3

Cool finds, as always!!👌

I see a few interesting junk items in the bottom pic; large "ring" in center of pic, and a "medallion" bottom right side! What kind of metal for both, just curious?👍👍

• Like 1

Another major cleanup post ! 

NOBODY can say you're not doing your bit to rid the ground of junk targets !!

Not doing a bad job of finding good stuff either as always !

Envy your digs , always a treat to see what you've found. THX . 

• Like 1