Lost Basin Gold

Well I got another one today, just the one. So far since I have been here I have gotten a little over 9 grams.

IMG_20220218_110512174_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220218_110433686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220218_155558701.jpg

IMG_20220218_155720505_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

I got 4 more bits of gold the last few days and then the weather turned ugly with high winds starting Sunday evening and yesterday my camp kitchen tent finally had enough of the constant battering from the wind. It has been 25-35 mph winds with gusts up to and over 50 mph. I went into town to mail a book and when I was gone the center pole went through the top of the rainfly. I just had a feeling while I was gone that it was going to give up the ghost. Most everything on my two tables is on the ground including my stove. It is an utter mess under the rain fly. The wind was strong enough to pull 18" long steel stakes out of the ground yesterday. I made dinner last night with a propane torch and that worked out well. I think I can sew it up and reenforce it spot where it punched through with canvas. I have sewing needles for this type of senario and I will use 30lb test spider wire for the thread. I just have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday when the wind and rain are done and over. I really hate wind. I will get pics of the gold when this sideliner is over.

IMG_20220221_161544176_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1