A Video Explaining The Garrett Focused Core DD Coils

phrunt

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I thought this video does a pretty good job of explaining their new DD coils.

Is this an all new coil?

3 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

Is this an all new coil?

It appears so, I've never seen reference to the design elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

It appears so, I've never seen reference to the design elsewhere.

It’s nice that they come out with it after I bought the package. 

13 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

It’s nice that they come out with it after I bought the package. 

You don't need to worry, if you have an Axiom your DD coil is the focused core version. 

https://garrett.com/sport/axiom

You may have noticed Steve talking about using the DD coils on his Australia trip and enjoying using them, I think he ended up using them the most from memory.

Nobody else except Garrett has done this design from what I can see.  I think they've just given a name to the design, a good idea as it seems a really good design and deserves it's own name, it's not a simple DD coil.

From Garrett's website,

"Garrett Exclusive!

Axiom Focused Core (FC) DD Coils
This video compares traditional DD and Mono prospecting search coils against the ultra-hot detection of Axiom Focused Core (FC) DD coils.

Engineered with a centralized focused core, each Axiom DD search coil exceeds mono coil performance on small gold nuggets. "

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The ATX also uses these style DDO coils as well. They just didn't decide to call them a special name until now.... so they've been around for 10 years....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It was used on the ATX. I noted to Garrett that it is critical for people to know about these coils, as people just think they are standard DD coil. I made quite a big deal about the fact this coil has been around for awhile, but that Garrett has never bothered to explain it to anyone. I mean seriously, when do companies pass on touting something new and coming up with new acronyms for it? :laugh: I was calling it the Bullseye DD (Garrett now owns the White's rights to that name) but they just recently settled on Focused Core. Probably did not want it confused with the Bullseye pinpointer. But yeah, I'll take credit for this finally being explained as an exclusive Garrett option. :smile:

I did chuckle over the brand new thing. I've explained this all in detail previously months ago, including the ATX connection. Went out of my way to highlight it as a must read, pinned it to the top of the forum, you name it. Just proves nobody actually reads my stuff. I have kind of a why bother feeling about that. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I've added the new video though so that helps.

Kudos! That bit of information (video) should help sales. I do read the forums when I get time. But with limited time, I get bits here and there, some big bits and some small bits as time allows, (usually with morning coffee).

• Like 2