How Do You Store Your Nox Mode Info

Propjob

Hello all!  A question that I have as I get more use to the NOX800.  How does everybody store their information?  Example being; would be Using Park 2 Or Beach 1 Mode.  You have a saved user program already stored and do not want to encroach that information.  You wish to make changes in your park 2  mode for whatever reason because of the site. You already have a favorite mode saved here but wish to use the new settings.This is your modified mode. So now you go to another park that may require a difference in Iron Bias or tone,  but wish to document the first mode used, before you again make changes ( I am confused just  writing this)  I see this happening a number of times especially for those testing different settings..  How do you keep track of your settings for reference or in case you have one of those oh-oh moments

Unless you are really using complicated notch settings or customizing tone breaks which I don't bother with as I use 50 tones, primarily, the only other settings that you might fool with are recovery speed and iron bias and even then you are maybe adjusting them a few clicks off the defaults at most.  The default settings are pretty good, in general, so there really is not much need to change and document settings in my opinion.  Plus it's easy to get individual programs back to their default settings since each mode can be individually reset back to its factory default without disturbing your other mode settings.

• Like 3

Due to the user profile problems, I've simply took photos of my changed / prefered settings. That are only changed tone brakes for beach1, because the default ones do not fit our coins. My userprofile is a changed park1 running 5 / 10kHz, which needs different tone brakes, because the TIDs differ heavily. I also changed the pitches for the userprofile to eliminate the bottlecaps when coinshooting only.

That's about it .. 10-15 photos on my smartphone in a separate folder

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Unless you are really using complicated notch settings or customizing tone breaks which I don't bother with as I use 50 tones, primarily, the only other settings that you might fool with are recovery speed and iron bias and even then you are maybe adjusting them a few clicks off the defaults at most.  The default settings are pretty good, in general, so there really is not much need to change and document settings in my opinion.  Plus it's easy to get individual programs back to their default settings since each mode can be individually reset back to its factory default without disturbing your other mode settings.

I kinda feel like this.

Originally had a similar question as Probjob, though now I just use it like the dashboard of a car etc. I'm adjusting the metal detector and not a program if you know what I mean. The machine has a centric feeling, I like not having the urge to "switch modes" often.

• Like 2

Thanks gentlemen!, as jack says senior moments YES.  I like the idea about photographing.  I think I am still in the stages of exp[oring what this baby can and cannot do so it has not become second nature,  I can see where noise and ground balance are something of a giving, and all the others can be done on the fly, after I get a real handle of how the machine needs to be adjusted.  I guess I tend not to make adjustments to tones and breaks, as I am fearful of losing them by writing over them, however, that being said I could save that to the user profile and also also keep those settings on a 3X5 or phone program if needed.  I am still learning this and it makes me realize the things I didn't know on the XS .   JIM