Alluminati

Equinox Is Multi Frequency? Or Isn't It? Is It Not? It Is! Isn't It?

For comparison, I take measurements from the Whites Spectra V3 Detector:

Spectra V3: 3F -multi -TX normal..

spectra v3 normal.PNG

Spectra V3:  3F-multi- TX bost ON...

spectra V3 bost.PNG

• Like 2

Mark Gillespie's video is great and demonstrating it to people who don't understand what these graphs mean

He runs though it in an easy to understand way.  Thanks for doing the video Mark.

• Like 4

MarkG has done very good work ....for what I also want to thank 

• Like 1

Mark did a fabulous job. Since I am not worried about the frequency stuff what I learned is that the Noise Cancel numbers do exactly the opposite of what I would have assumed. Pushing noise cancel numbers lower pushes the frequency higher. Usually these shifts are trivial to performance, but in a “no-EMI” location you could set the Noise Cancel as low as possible to optimize a high frequency like 40 kHz and as high as possible to optimize the single low frequency options like 5 kHz. I doubt there is a measurable effect on performance but it might lend a psychological boost that does help at times.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Published on Jan 19, 2019 - Just a quick video showing the benefits of the Vista Gold running at a higher kHz and using zero gain in highly mineralised soil Here are the videos, after further testing I can confirm that the 15 kHz hits stronger on deep silver in clean Non Mineralised Soil and both are exactly the same on the gold coin at depth in Non Mineralised Soil.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Metal Detecting Terminology (Minelab)
      2010 Knowledge Base Article KBA 04-1, 1.65 MB pdf file, 17 pages
      Metal detecting terminology and definitions, with an emphasis on Minelab technology wording and descriptions.
      Minelab Metal Detector Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Metal Detector Basics And Theory by Bruce Candy, Minelab
      1.42 MB pdf file, 24 pages
      Bruce is a co-founder of Minelab and the man behind their most advanced designs. This information delves into much greater detail than the above link and has many more illustrations and diagrams.
      Minelab Metal Detector Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Gold Prospecting With A VLF Metal Detector by Dave Johnson, First Texas
      10 Mar 2010 Edition, 2.93 MB pdf file, 56 pages
      Dave is the Chief Designer for First Texas Products and has been involved in designing most of the VLF gold prospecting detectors sold over the last 30 years. This is an excellent primer on using VLF detectors to prospect for gold.
      First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher Intelligence - Advancing the Hobby of Metal Detecting by Thomas J. Dankowski, Fisher Labs
      5th Edition 04/2006, 6 MB pdf file, 48 pages
      Thought provoking articles on aspects of metal detecting not often talked about.
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Advanced Nugget Hunting With the Fisher Gold Bug Metal Detector by Pieter Heydelaar & Dave Johnson, Fisher Labs
      3rd Printing Jan 1993, 2.36 MB pdf file, 46 pages
      This out-of-print book is a good basic text on gold nugget detecting. Although it uses the original Fisher Gold Bug as an example the information applies to most nugget detectors. Part 2 by David Johnson is an excellent primer on hot rocks.
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum