Sign in to follow this  

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.e74bdfc835b8d2f8ecd1d6bdaa9ab388.JPGIMG_0336.thumb.JPG.69e271e1294359bcf1ec14e53c7e320a.JPG

Found this magician coin back in the fall of 2018, and wanted to share.  Has a merc dime on one side and a wheat penny on the other. Still learning the MX Sport. Found it near a baseball field so I'm guessing some kid lost his dads coin. Would this qualify as my first silver or half silver?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

That's pretty cool.

Buddy mine loves his MX Sport, he finds tons of old coins and relics with it and prefers it over his TDI. Really nice machine loaded with features.

Doesn't look like a Merc dime?, just sayin.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Whoops, my bad.  Did not see the first picture.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Cool find.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jackpine
      Met up with Rick the other day at the site of an old fairground to see if there's anything left there (it's been pounded for years) .  Right off the bat  the Nox hit a solid 13, I crossed the target and checked it PP mode and they agreed on the location.  Flipped the plug and nothing, dug another few inches and my pin pointer showed nothing in the bottom of the hole .  Checked the sides and there it was a 1905 V nickel on edge at about 4".
      It's a good thing the NOX is hot on nickels and Indian Heads as I just can't seem to get the coil over silver. 
    • By kac
      Finally got a break in the weather and hit an old field with my tejon that I actually got the 10x12 widescan for. This place has been hit really really hard by a lot of people but I did manage to sniff out what looks like a King George. Not sure on the date, have to be careful with it. Might just leave as is. Also in the mix is an old 50 cal musket ball couple copper lincoln and a ship pin.

• By Happa54
      Hey everyone
      I dug this 1923s SLQ yesterday. It has a nik on the edge, came out of the ground this way....bummer.
      This is the second '23s I've dug in 2 years. This coin is one of the lowest of all mintages for this quarter. 
      This first one I dug, I sold it to a friend for $200 to complete his SLQ collection. 
      Thanks for stopping in. 

• By Old Farm Hunter
      I was scrolling thru the web and I found This , it just show's you dont need  good detector to find treasure  
      https://md-hunter.com/the-saddest-metal-detector-with-a-hoard-amazing-photos/
      Also check out this https://md-hunter.com/mysterious-suitcase-discovered-lets-have-a-look-inside/
    • By normmcq
      Recently my detecting friend went back to Canada to visit his parents. He is an avid detectorist, he took his detector with him to try and get some Canadian silver. He spent some time in the local parks and managed a silver dime.................... a U.S. Rosie.  We laughed and laughed about that.
       This week I went to a local reservoir that was built in the late 20's. The power company that controls the lake level always lowers the water this time of the year for flood control and this year it is lower than normal for this time of year. In the past, I have found several silver coins on the shore line and I thought this trip might yield another one. I decided to hunt the area inside the marina that is exposed. you might have guessed it, I got what my friend went looking for.

• By kac
      4 coins on the right all stacked about 7" down.
      2 cent 1867, 2 cent 1864, Indian head 1866 and Flying Eagle 1857. Other IH was on a nearby trail 1906
      2 cent pieces look like large moto.
      Looks like that lucky charm I glued on my tejon is still working :)