Hit A School Lot Twice

Hit a local school lot twice the past few days, no silver, but the Equinox is a quarter finding machine ... And to boot nabbed a Sacagawea dollar ...

Only old place I have permission on had the old home bulldozed and there is scrap literally everywhere and Im not experienced enough yet to detect this environment.

Had lots of fun, got dirty and needed advil afterwards..LOL

Cheers Brian

20191124_120459.jpg

20191124_120511.jpg

20191124_120553.jpg

20191125_134354.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tot-lots are the easiest places to find gold and coins for someone getting into the hobby.?  I noticed you found only one nickel which tells me another hunter may have been there. Some only chase low conductors and pass on high conductors.  I was one of them who would pass on high conductors and chase only the lows and would hit about 10 tot-lots every Saturday.   Paid off a few of my detectors.

As for demo lots I just  dig everything. 

To each their own I reckon. Any day out detecting is better than staying indoors due to cold and rain! I like finding coins and whenever I can get out that is a good hunt. Hunt whatever you can whenever you can. The Equinox is a great machine.

Not being able to find paper money with a detector is true! But, finding it because of a detector is also true! I've found many bills while detecting! My largest was a $50 bill, with $4 dollars in singles, blown against the grass at the beach! Most of my sight finds, ( including jewelry) like most of you all, have been following where the coil goes!👁👁

We have had a big drop in coin usage since parking meters went plastic! So the beach coins are drying up! So i will take any sight finds i can get!👍👍

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Drop me in a productive area with any detector and I'd be happy. 

I know exactly what you mean Simon, I was ready to get out this weekend and it snowed 5 inches.

I wish it would warm up.