Not A Bad Trip

Coota

Found an old u tube channel I created years ago, God only knows how I got back into it but it seems to work.

Sick of bouncing my crowbar off the rock I went detecting for four hours, found a couple of small bits and thought bugger this I'm having an early knockoff at 2pm, heat and flies!

I became very restless about that hole a couple of hours later so searched through my toolbox and found an old wood chisel. Back to the hole I go and start chipping away.....

Thanks for the tip on u tube jasong.

Jasong, my go to settings on the Zed.

High Yield/Difficult.

Sensitivity 12.

Smoothing off.

Threshold 26.

Manual ground balance, I always use the Ferrite.

It's a little chattery but I don't mind the noise and targets are always discernible.

With the GPX4500.

RX gain- 11

Stabilizer- 9

GB type- general

Special- extra

• Like 2

Great info, thanks for posting Coota.

Do you ever get nasty hotrocks down in that cemented layer or is it pretty much always gold if you get down that far? I wonder if it's like the caliche we get out here, or maybe even harder stuff by the looks of it.

Finally out of the hole, sorry about the multiple posts but it is taking me over an hour to upload each vidio to u tube. I've just found three unknown users on my wireless network and have changed my password, hopefully that will sort out the problem.

• Like 1

Finally onto the scales with it, I ended the trip with a total of 150 grams uncleaned. Hopefully the big one will weigh around three and a half ounces cleaned.

Thanks for sharing the videos.  You sure built up a lot of suspense by releasing them separately  That was a huge chunk of gold you found and I can't wait to see how it cleans up.  That was a very successful trip for sure!