Fenn's Treasure Found

I had read several 'related' articles to the story I linked.  I didn't find the answer to my question and it was time for me to sleep.

Why was he looking through his planted box?  Did he go to where the finder had opened it just to see the condition of his stuff?  Did the finder bring it to him?  Can you get any clues in the photo where he actually was when he was looking at the box and does it jibe with the other info.

Gold hunters are skeptical by nature.  We try to figure out how much truth there is as the 'where and when' which is what Fenn is trying to protect here.

There is some speculation in the reader commentary page of where that photo was taken.  Some say it looks like it could be in a bank's safe deposit area.  That would indicate he flew to meet up with the finder and subsequently saw the treasure (when photos were taken).  I have to run but when I get back in ~15 minutes I'll see if I can post those photos here.

Ok, I remembered in another article I read that the amount of gold shown would not equal the claim of value.  That can be subjective I guess when you are the 'hider' but that is really a different question than the truth of the find.

I downloaded these photos from the site I posted above.  First photo appears to have been taken at the hiding/recovery site:

Treasure-Photo3.thumb.png.c5d77376c9dc8663204bacc94cb3f55c.png

Second photo shows Forrest going through the chest recently (last week?):

Treasure-Photo1.jpeg.e0d3ad1fe871a53f8ae7bde877311e53.jpeg

3rd photo shows Forrest trying on a silver bracelet from the trove:

Treasure-Photo2.thumb.jpeg.77cced97ba1ca5435c34a4480695a1dd.jpeg

Lots of talk in the commentary of the page I linked about things like sentimental meaning of the bracelet, meaning and condition of the key, "where are the jewels?", what the apparently rusty scissors was for, etc., etc.  You can read all of that there.  I started to but it's a long list of comments.